Chapter 7 - Feyre

I couldn't get over how different I looked after only one night of sleep; it was like all the life had been put back in me.

The garden was beautiful, and everyone was sat eating and chatting, the gardens were open to all of Aelin's people, and she made a point to try and talk to as many as possible.

Once we had eaten music began playing. I took Evangeline's hands and began to dance with her when I caught her looking at the dancing with longing.

She seemed to be having the time of her life. She was a beautiful dancer and we both easily kept up with the adults. I found out from Lysandra that she was thirteen when I asked whose daughter she was. Apparently Lysandra and Aedion adopted her.

When Evangeline tired, we went and got some drinks. I was about the ask the little girl what she like to do when a male roar filled the garden and Tamlin's beast appeared.

I pushed Evangeline behind me as Tamlin stalked over to me, stopping about six feet away.

The music had fallen silent and Aelin's people were fleeing. Good, then Tamlin couldn't hurt anyone. Evangeline gripped my hand tightly and I gripped back, determine to protect her from Tamlin's wrath.

"Evangeline, listen to me, turn and run behind me, go and find one of your parents." I told her quickly, not taking my eyes off Tamlin.

I heard her run of and I relaxed a little, glad he could only hurt me. I dared to glance around the garden, only Aelin's court remained.

"You ran away from me," Tamlin snarled.

"You locked me in your house," I told him, my tone flat.

He growled as he lifted onto his hind legs and hit me across the middle with one of his massive paws. The blow sent me flying across the lawn, landing on my back.

I couldn't think around the pain, only stare up at the cloudless sky and remember to breath.

"It's ok, just keep breathing," Yrene said as she appeared above me.

Her soft light settled on my body but my whole body was numb now, the pain being washed away as my mind spun.

I heard Tamlin roar, and I tried to get up, tell him to go but Yrene told me that I couldn't move. I did as she said, continuing to stare at the sky.

"Feyre, Lysandra is going to carry you inside, is that ok?" Yrene asked me gently.

"Tamlin, he won't go," I whispered.

"You are in no condition to face him at the moment." She said as Lysandra carefully lifted me up and held me against her.

We began going back inside and I heard Tamlin yell something about me, but my mind was still spinning before it shut off completely.