Chapter 37 "Sunset date"

Start from the beginning

Around dinner time:
You'd been running around for the past eight hours. It had been fun, you and Minho had gotten out alot of energy. But as you'd been running around for eight hours with a thirty minute break to eat lunch and some smaller once to drink water you were sweaty. You picked out some clean clothes and went to one of the tents where you could change. You changed into a tank top, beige knitted cardigan and a pair of shorts. You were happy with your fit and went out. Going to the meeting tent where Newt told you to meet him. You didn't have to wait for long until Newt showed up.
"Well hello there blondie!" You looked walked up to him as he closed in on you.
"Hello love!" He gave you a kiss on the cheek. You blushed as he usally only kissed your forehead or lips.
"What was it you wanted to do?" You asked him as he grabbed your hand in his, intertwining your fingers. He grinned and dragged you with him.
"Come on" He simply said as you walked away from camp. Following a path you walked past alot of the other who stayed in the safe haven. You waved at all of them while Newt keept on dragging you along. You walked on the path as it led up to the hill behind camp. You looked around amazed by the viwe over camp and Newt grinned even more when he saw. When you reached the top Newt stopped. You stepped up beside him. You were met by a blanket with picnic basket set up about twelve feet from the edge.
"Picnic?" You asked as your face lit up. Newt nodded while biting his lip nervously.
"I thought we could eat up here while looking at the sunset and maybe look at the start.." He grabbed both your hands in his. They fit perfectly in his. Newt smiled as he dragged you along with him.

The two of you sat down on the blanket. You looked out on to the horizon, the sun already starting to set. Newt smiled to himself as he was happy you liked the idea.
"So what do we have to eat?" You turned to Newt. He laughed at you, knowing that question would come.
"Hm," Newt hummed as he started to unpack your favorite food, and to your even more happiness Frypan had made some bacon. You put food on your plate and started to eat.
"This is why you seemd so happy when Minho told we were gonna run around like all day, so you could do this?" You asked as you swallowed some food.
"Well, yeah." He answered as he took a last bite.
"That's cute!" You exclaimed while taking a bite of your food. Newt pouted at you.
"I'm not cute, I'm handsome." He said making you shake your head.
"You can be cute and handsome!" You smiled while putting down your plate. Newt sighed in annoyance and leaned back on his elbows.
"No I can't! How about this you're cute and I'm handsome?" He smirked at you. You flop down on the blanket beside him, blushing.
"Fine..!" You said stubbornly, as you sit up beside him again.
"Good, then we have that worked out." He smiled at you. He then got and idea. None of you had said 'I love you' yet and well, Newt being stubborn he didn't wanna say it first. So he propped himself so he sat up. Leaning on his hands that were placed behind him, holding him up.
"Love?" You turned back from looking at the horizon. "Repeat after me, okey?" You nodded.
"Say I." "I" You repeated
"Love" he said and you repeated. Newt smirked.
"You" He then said, just as you were about to say it you understood what he was on about.
"Say you." He repeated.
"Me!" You laughed at him. He let out an annoyed puff of air. He let himself fall back down again on the ground.
"I give up, you will never say it.." He pretend to be hurt. You rolled your eyes at how over-dramatic your, well, boyfriend was.
"Stop being a baby, I love you." You sat back and closed your eyes, awaiting his reaction. Which came quicker than you expected.
"Yes! You said it!" He sat up and wrapped his arms around your waist. Falling back to the ground, you squealed as you fell back with him.

The two of you sat there for a good while. You talked about everything and anything. Joking around and laughing until the both of you were wheezing for air. The both of you loved the fact that none of you had to hide your feelings anymore. You were both happy to be able to tell others that you were a couple.
As the last bit of sunshine fell down by the horizon the sky fell darker and darker and soon enough the infinite amount of starts started to show up one by one. Lighting up the sky. The fire down by the camp was lit and you could hear laughter.
You moved around to Newt. Smiling brightly. Newt looked at you questioning. You pecked his lips.
"You never said it back." You then remembered. Newt didn't say anything and just turned back to the sky, playing dumb.
"Hello! Say it back!" You tell him. He doesn't budge, trying to keep a straight face but failing miserably. In annoyance you push him down to the ground catching him off guard.

You lean down and kiss him passionately. Newt moves so your on top of him and smirks into the kiss. He got exactly what he wanted. His hands rest on your waist. He then sits up, not breaking the kiss. Your hands go to his soft hair. You then pull a part, but Newt immediately go to kiss you again. You are quicker though and swerve him.
"Come on, I wanna be even." You say to him. He sighs.
"I love you." He pecks your lips between every word. You smile in triumf at him. You brush your nose against his and hug him close, still sitting on his lap.

One hour later: (SpongeBob voice)
You were walking down hand in hand with Newt from the hill. When you saw Thomas and Minho standing by Sonya, Harriet and Brenda. They were gushing about something and being the curious couple you and Newt were you walked over to see what was happening.
"What are you doing?" You ask the five of them. They all look at you and Newt. Newt let go of your hand to wrap his arm around your waist. Pulling you into his side. The girls squealed as Thomas and Minho hand their arms over each others shoulder.
"How can two people be so adorable together?" Minho asked Thomas. You and Newt was confused to say the least.
"Did the two of you spy on us?" You ask but get no answer.
"Our littel Newtie is growing up." Thomas said and faked wiped away a tear.
"Oi don't call me Newtie, twat." Newt hissed at Thoma. 
"(Y/N)! Did you really kiss him?!" Sonya and Harriet squeal. You look at them.
"Yeah, but it's not really the first time." You looked at them. They jumped up and grabbed you from Newt. Hugging you close.
"I hope you treat her right dear brother." Sonya glared at Newt as she hugged you.

"Don't worry, I will" Newt smiled at her.
"You better pretty boy!" Harriet hissed as Sonya let go of you and she hugged you close protectively. You didn't mind Harriet hughing you and hugged her back, she was surprisingly taller than you and you were not much shorter than Newt and almost as tall as Thomas. As you hugged Harriet closed you could see Newt getting jealous.
"Okey can I get my girlfriend back now?" He asked Harriet. She sighed and looked at him.
"Fine, because I feel generous today!" She let you go and Newt quickly wrapped an dark around your waist again. Kissing your forehead.
"Shuck, that was cute.." Minho and Thomas clinged to each other.
"You're crying, not me Min.." Thomas said. Brenda stood up and put a hand on their shoulders.
"If you're gonna be like that fire their relationship, count for being like that until we're old." She smiled at them sarcastically and patted their shoulders. The three girls bursted out laughing as you and Newt blushed furiously.
"Love you" Newt then said in a low voice to not make your friends make a bug thing of it.
"Love you too" You smile. Turning back you start to laugh at Thomas and Minho. Newt doing the same. They were unbelievable

A/N:
YEAH FUCKING NAILD TWO CHAPTERS TODAY!
Any who, this was a cute one *wipes away a tear* I wrote Thomas and Minho like that because that's literally me :)
So there's 1 more chapter to write on this then I'm done. My next book will be a new Newt x reader.
The name will either be:

Dandelion Wish or Childhood Sweethearts ♡

Thanks for 6k reads by the way lovely people, you shanks make my day with your comments and more :,)