011 ― Secret Weapons

2012 S.H.I.E.L.D. Aircraft

"What are you doing, Mr. Stark?" Nick Fury asked when he walked back into the lab. Holland was back inside the lab with her nephew and Banner because he called her back in when Jarvis finished decrypting the S.H.I.E.L.D. files, and it showed that they were planning on using the Tesseract to make weapons. Tony asked Holland if she knew about this, and she said no because she didn't. She knew S.H.I.E.L.D. had the tesseract since Howard was the one to find it, and they founded the agency, and she usually knows everything that goes on.

But she didn't know this.

Fury kept her in the dark on purpose since she has a personal history with the tesseract. "Uh, I've kind of been wondering the same thing about you," Tony responded.

"You're supposed to be locating the tesseract." Fury said.

"We are. The model's locked, and we're sweeping for the signature now. When we get a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile." Banner said as he pointed across the room to a different screen.

"Yeah, then you get your Cube back. No muss, no fuss." Tony said. His screen beeped as his decryption device unlocked a new file, and he glanced at it. "What is Phase 2?" He asked. Then they heard a loud noise, and when Holland looked up, Steve had set a weapon down on the table.

"Phase 2 is S.H.I.E.L.D. uses the Cube to make weapons. Sorry, the computer was moving a little slow for me," Steve said, and Holland turned to Fury.

"What?" She said.

"Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean...-" Tony cut him off as he pulled up more of the file.

"...-I'm sorry, Nick. What were you lying?" Tony asked as he flipped the screen so everyone could see a similar weapon to the one that Steve put down.

"I was wrong, Director. The world hasn't changed a bit." Steve said as he shook his head.

"And when was I going to be brought into the loop?" Holland asked.

"You took a sabbatical...-" She cut him off.

"...-I am still an active agent and founder of this entire agency. Not to mention, I've had close and personal encounters with the Tesseract, or did you forget?" Holland said as she held her hand up and made a small ball of fire float perfectly above her palm. Tony and Bruce were shocked, but Steve wasn't. He's seen her handle fire before. Then Natasha and Thor walked into the lab. Holland closed her palm, making the fire disappear as Bruce started to approach Natasha.

"Did you know about this?" He asked.

"You want to think about removing yourself from this environment, Doctor?" Natasha asked, which made Bruce start laughing.

"I was in Calcutta. I was pretty well removed." He said.

"Loki is manipulating you," Natasha said as she walked forward.

"And you've been doing what, exactly?" Banner asked.

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you," Natasha said.

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy," Bruce responded before he turned to Fury and pointed to the weapon that Tony pulled up. "I'd like to know why S.H.I.E.L.D. is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction." He said.

"Yeah, I would like to know that, too," Holland said as she crossed her arms over her chest and looked at Fury.

"Because of him." Fury said as he pointed over to Thor without looking at him.