010 ― The Plan

2012 Airborne

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Bruce Banner asked the group. Fury had just been talking to Loki, who they apprehended again and Thor came with them onto the aircraft. They were all watching the footage of them talk.

"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?" Steve asked.

"He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard, nor any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the Earth, in return, I suspect for the Tesseract." Thor said.

"An army from outer space," Steve said as he looked at Holland, and she shrugged her shoulders.

"So, he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for." Bruce said.

"Selvig?" Thor asked as he looked up with recognition.

"He's an astrophysicist," Bruce responded.

"He's a friend," Thor said.

"Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours," Natasha said.

"I want to know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here." Steve said.

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats." Bruce said. In other words, he was saying that Loki is crazy. "You could smell crazy on him."

"Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard. And he is my brother." Thor said.

"He killed 80 people in two days," Holland said, which made Thor look at her.

"He's adopted," Thor responded, which made the brunette laugh as she shook her head.

"I think it's about the mechanics. Iridium... what do they need iridium for?" Bruce asked.

"It's a stabilizing agent. I'm just saying, pick a weekend. I'll fly you to Portland. Keep love alive." Tony Stark's voice rang through as he and Coulson walked in. Holland rolled her eyes at her nephew. "It means the portal won't collapse on itself as it did at S.H.I.E.L.D. No hard feelings, Point Break. You've got a mean swing." He aimed the last part at Thor, and then he looked at Holland. "And there's the Aunt I didn't know I had until recently."

"Aunt?" Bruce asked as he looked at the pair. "You look older than her," Bruce said.

"She's been alive since the first world war. I knew that much about her," Tony said, and Holland rolled her eyes.

"Didn't your mother teach you that it's rude to reveal a woman's age?" Holland said, which made Steve laugh as he shook his head.

"Anyways, this also means the portal can open as wide and stay open as long as Loki wants," Tony said as he walked over to the equipment, and Holland sat down next to Steve.

"How are you feeling?" Holland asked, but before Steve could answer, Tony's loud voice took over.

"That man is playing Galaga!" Tony exclaimed as he pointed over to a random S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. "He thought we wouldn't notice, but we did," Tony said, and then he covered one of his eyes as he looked at the screens around these. "How does Fury even see these?" He asked.

"He turns," Holland responded.

"Sounds exhausting," Tony said as he turned around, and Holland rolled her eyes at her nephew. "The rest of the raw materials, Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily. The only major component he still needs is a power source of high energy density. Something to kick-start the cube." Tony said.