Chapter 9: Improvement

Start from the beginning

   "I don't know what to study"

   Shiranami tilted her head in confusion, in which I continued talking.

   "It's because I saw some students from other classes are studying completely different things than what my classmates are."

   "Did your teacher not tell you of the material which the midterm would cover?"

   "She probably kept that information to herself, sensei is rather cold to me."

   "Isn't she like that with everyone in your class?"

   "I guess, but Chiyabashira-sensei despises me for some reason. Like she really is not fond of me."

   "Don't tell me you did something to her!?" She started to move away from me.

   "No." I replied flatly.

   "I knew you wouldn't do something like that, haha..." 

   She looked at me with eyes that were full of suspicion. Shiranami still kept her distance from me. Do I really look like that type of guy?

   "Anyways, I was wondering if you can help me by informing me the material for the midterms, please?"

   "Of course, I'll send it to you later!"

   After that we went our separate ways. Later that night Shiranami sent me a message containing what topics were going to be on the midterms.

*Present time*

   "But isn't that considered cheating?" Sudou asked.

   "No, all she did was tell me was what to study. It was basic information that everyone should've gotten. Of course, except for our class."

   "Shit, now I'm glad I took the deal."

   "You better be grateful, hahaha."

   It was Thursday. Tomorrow, the midterm would be upon us. After Chiyabashira-sensei ended homeroom period and left the classroom, Kushida took out some printed copies of something and brought them up to the podium.

   "Everyone, before you return to the dorm, wou-"

    Before she could finish I got up and started leaving the classroom. Since my academic scores were not fail worthy, they couldn't say anything.

   Even if they tried saying something, I could always make the excuse that my club activities are essential and I need to get there immediately.

   Although, I say that there is another reason why I left. If anybody examined Sudou's behavior, they would only see his genuine response to the papers.

   I purposely told Sudou that he would fail if he didn't put more immense focus on his studies. That's partially true since he doesn't pay attention to class.

   But that's all part of Horikita's plan!

   No, but I'll actually tell him the truth later.

   I woke up and did my daily routine until realizing how late it was. My body moved at an abnormal speed. Luckily, most people were already inside their classes since it was the day where we had to take the midterms.

   After running for a bit I arrived at the classroom. I'm late, but at least I made it.

   "There is one student abse-"