Chapter:9

Andrea's POV:-

Another Flashback
(When they met at school)
"Hey" I look up and see Dimitri waving at me like an idiot. 

I roll my eyes at him and start walking completely ignoring him while he runs up to me and stops me.

"Hey," he says smiling.
"What"I look at him with a raised eyebrow.
"Nothing just wanted to say hi to you"
"You said now go"
"Wow rude much"
"That's why you should ignore"
"This is not fair we are friends, right?"
"No, I don't do friends and I would return you the favor if you get injured"
"Are you sure you want to miss the opportunity to be friends with this handsome face"
"I think, I will give it a hard pass"

He sighs and says
"Fine, then you work for my father, right?"
"Great observation, buddy"
"So, I will ask dad to make you my trainer and then we can work out and all that stuff together, how about that, partner?"
"Fine, if the boss says yes," I say shrugging.

Another Flashback
( During training, a few months later)
"Seriously" I look at him lying on the floor crying that he is about to die when I just backhanded him and punched him in the guts.
"You are not going to die Dimi"
I say rolling my eyes and sipping water.
"How would you know?" he cries out loud.
"Get up, we don't have the whole day, you have homework to do!"

He starts pouting and making puppy eyes "Come on, give me a break, we have been practicing for so long. My whole body is dying and if I continue I can slip into a coma for over-exhaustion"
I roll my eyes at his dramatics.

I sigh "Come on drama queen, if you get up and finish our daily routine, I will let you off from the extra practice and order food of your choice."
He gets up at the speed of a lighting bolt and smiles at me creepily
"You surely know how to make me happy, you are the best, I don't know what I would do without you, where have you been my whole life partner" he looks at me wiping his fake tears and sighing dramatically. "Maybe get yourself killed," I say rolling my eyes but he ignores me.

We finish out the routine after which, I order the food and was leaving when he stopped me and said
"Wait I have something for you"

He gives me a box and it contained a necklace identical to the one my mother wore but Jason sold it. It was the only thing that I had of my mother. She was killed in front of me when I was 4. I didn't remember much only that she didn't abuse me but wanted me. It was on my birthday that she was murdered. How can I even grieve for someone I do not remember. It is good to know that there was someone who wanted me. 

"How," I say trying to block my emotions which were resurfacing.
"I remember you showing me the picture of your mother and how much you wished she was here and also about the necklace so I just inquired in some stores and I got something similar so you could feel close to her." He was uncertain of my reaction. 

I just stare and suddenly hug him tightly which he certainly wasn't expecting, stumbles a little and I mumble a small thank you in his chest. He hugs me back chuckling. I am happier that he took the effort of finding it. It would be my first gift if you do not count getting sexually assaulted as one. I should really stop.
"I heard you say that you hate your birthday but still it was your first one with me so a small gift, Happy Birthday partner," he says happily.
"This is the best birthday I could ever ask for,"