04: The Walls

Deleted scene #4: The Walls
This was taken from Chapter 14, originally it was 5K words, so I had to make a sacrifice. This scene takes place before they go to court, but in the final draft I just start at the court. It's not necessarily important, but it does have some key moments and things.

Tommy smiles that infamous smile of his, chuckling. "Fellas, what's happened? What's going on?"

"What happened?" George asked, scoffing.

"Whatever it was, I reckon it was Niki," Tommy shrugs and you raise your eyebrows at the blonde. Whatever it was, definitely did not involve Niki.

"I think it was you!"

"She is sus! I was talking to that Ranboo guy the other day, and he agreed that she is sus."

George rolls his eyes, "Yeah, you two totally burned down my house."

"Is that what this is about?" Quackity asked, looking between Tommy and George.

George lifts a brow, pulling down his sunglasses. "What are you guys talking about?"

"Tommy, did you burn down George's house?"

Tommy laughs nervously, grimacing.

"Dream said so, and why would Dream lie?"

"Cause he's a menace to society! He's like the joker."

Tubbo pinches the bridge of his nose, grabbing Tommy's arm and excusing you all for a cabinet meeting inside the hot dog van.

"Whatever happens Gogy, bro, just know me and you are tight!" Tommy shouts.

You close the door behind you, not missing George shake his head as Dream whispering something in his ear.

"Dream has built walls around L'manberg, which is obviously not okay," Tubbo starts, leaning on the table. "and he's claiming that all treaties are void, seeing that we overthrew the government they were made with. However, I don't think this is done without motive. I feel like someone in this room has done something, okay? Cause we're the people of power and if he wanted to hurt L'manberg, he'd hurt the people of power, that's us. So someone in this room I reckon has aggravated him."

Fundy nods his head in agreement.

"Let's go in order," Quackity suggests. "Tubbo, what have you recently done that could've pissed off Dream?"

"I built a panic room in case of worse case scenario but I don't see that being it."

"What I've done recently, is I punched him," Quackity said, boasting his chest proudly. "I walked up to him and punched him for building that wall, so maybe."

Tubbo stares at him, before blinking and looking to Fundy.

"I would absolutely never hurt Dream."

You'd buy that, and so does Tubbo as he looks to you.

"Um," you said, it wasn't you that was for sure. At least, you doubted it. If anything, Dream should be thrilled with you. "I haven't seen him recently."

No one questions it because they know it's true and all eyes fall on the blonde brit.

"Right, okay. Tommy, what have you done?"

"I have been... me," he said simply.

"What does that mean?" Fundy asked, arms crossed.

"Define being me."

"I have done literally nothing," Tommy defends, grabbing Tubbo's shoulders. "Tubbo, look at me. Look at me deep in my eyes, do I look like a guilty man to you?"