prolouge

"have you worked out recently, tops a bit tight?" i grinned, leaning seductively against the mans shoulder. he perks up and my eyes lit up as this dark featured yet pale skinned man turns around. a vampire, perfect. i bit my chapped lip and twirled my finger through my matted, blond hair. he stares at me and the corners of his mouth quirked up. works a charm

"i can show you at my place princess"he smirks, scanning my intentional skin tight dress. i faked a smile, feeling rather uncomfortable.i stare into his dark eyes, so empty and dead. i lean towards him, tracing my lips with my tongue, i watch as his eyes widened.

"what about mine?" i wink, purposely rubbing my body against his to climb on the back of his bike. i carefully lean to his shoulder and see his skin go all bumpy as i breathe

"go" i whisper into his ear, tracing his stubbled neck with with my battered nails. i could see the corners of his mouth lift as i slowly whisper the directions into his ears. now this was all apart of my plan, i am running low on vampire fangs and i'm in need of some sleeping positions and this is quite frankly the cheapest way. all i was to do, is to intoxicate him with some spells and herbs and once his fast asleep, oh so peaceful i would yank his fangs out. and ofcourse id wipe his memory and dispose of him but that's a usual procedure and down so easily with a couple spells.

"herbal tea? it gets me in the mood" i giggle, opening my wooden door slowly to watch his pale face drop to the red bed that i set up earlier. he nods and jumps onto the sofa bed, looking around at the petals messily placed. theres red candles that i scattered around the room, these also planned earlier, with the herbs that shall put him under this spell, and along with the tea,i should feel too impatient.

i stumble into the kitchen, tying my hair back into a low ponytail. my eyes scan my cupboard, i run my fingers across the sleep ingredients. my fingers jolt at the herb i need. i sprinkle some of 'somnum', a powerful sleeping herb, i believe i put memory loss in with it. my eyes dart to the kettle to see i already boiled it and i carefully pour it in, smelling the herbal tea.

"here handsome" i whisper, climbing beside him. i lick my lips after having a sip and watch him eagerly as he begins to drink. the colour drained out of his face and he dropped to my bed. a smile plastered on my face. i quickly blow out the candles and yank out his fangs. my nostrils flared as blood stream down his mouth. i place them into my no longer empty jar.

"memoriam amisit et nunc iam nulla oblivione delebitur. iam hinc abrie sine" i whisper, and squint my eyes in the anticipation for the spell to work. he suddenly shoots out of my balcony, causing my heart to almost jump out of my chest. the petals and my paper flew around the room and all my incense and candles blew out. i never know what happens when they fly out of my balcony, they're alive and don't remember anything from the past 24 hours and thats all i know.

i sigh and run my fingers through my hair looking around at the scattered paper. i pick up my spell book and flick to the marked page, tracing my finger down the ingredient list.

my eyes dart beside me and back to the page as i read every ingredient in my head, checking i have everything. i gather everything and place them beside my battered 'cauldron'. after chanting the affirmations and spells and chucking all the ingredients in, a green, sparkly dust starts forming and twirling around the top of the pot. my eyes scan for the jars and i quickly swoop them through the dust, filling them up and securing them with a cork. my door knocks and i jump to the sudden noise. i quickly make my way over, brushing myself off.

"Jade Wood?"i open my door to see two large men, dressed in black. my eyebrows furrow and i shut the door behind me. i stare them up and down

"sorry you are?" i question, folding my arms together. i scan them all over.

"we have been hired to bring you to the institute" one of them states seriously, they both are still, but ready to jolt at any moment. i lean on my hip, and fake a smile

"what institute?" i questioned again, narrowing my eyes, one of the men roll their eyes at me and i begin to get annoyed. i repeat myself and watch as they stand in silence

"look we just need you to come with us, it's not that difficult" one of them scoffs as he turns to the other and makes a look, i back up and studied the men a little more. an institute? what do they mean by that? the word sounded oddly familiar but i couldn't get my finger around it. i began to think of possible reasons...maybe i didn't do an order correctly?...maybe this is that vampires gang to come and kill me...oh it totally is. my heart began to pound, and i had no way of protecting myself so i was back up until i was laying against my door.

"tell me why you want me and i'll decide" i add quietly, gripping my clammy hands against the door knob. my head was pounding and i was hoping my eyes between both men.

"i cannot tell you, but you are not in trouble" he sighs, and moves his arms from behind his back, my breathing rises as the other man moves his arms too.

"and you have no choice sweetheart" he smirks and they both come towards me, my breathing was heavy and i couldn't concentrate. suddenly everything went black and my head was pounding

"so this is jade...jade wood?" a deep voice asked, i could feel his warm breath on my cold skin, i heard shuffling and two familiar voices.

"indeed sir" one added

"she refused to come so we had no choice but not knock her out" the other stated, suddenly i felt my body jolt up and my eyes where all blurry and my hearing was muffly. i scan the room and jump at the sight of a man towering over me.

"my gosh."he muttered studying me, my heart was pounding making me loose my breath. my face was all scrunched and i was looking at the man with my eyes drooped.

"sorry jade. im Victor, i work for the clave. i was ordered to bring you here because of your shadow hunter abilities. do you know what a shadowhunter is?"the man asked, his voice was very comforting and he sat at the end on the end of the bed. Thats it...a shadowhunter i remember hearing that. and what did he say...i am a shadowhunter. my head was pounding at the thought of it

"what" i muttered, holding my head looking around in a panic, everything was moving so fast and quickly, until i caught eye with 4 people in the corner of the room, they where staring at me and looked just as confused as i was. suddenly the pounding stopped when i looked at the one on the end. wow. he was tall, had long, muscular legs, tight to his black trousers. a black t-shirt also tight to his body, showing off the curves in his muscles. His hands were dirty and his knuckles all red, his nails where chewed and his arms covered in veins and moles. he had a stubbled chin, dimples either side of his chapped mouth. Wet brown hair laying perfectly on his refined face and finally his eyes, blue as day, beautiful, bringing life out of him under these dark under eye circles.

"you jade are a shadowhunter" i jolted back towards victor. and felt my heart in my throat as i swallowed.

I am absolutely obsessed with this show! and more obsessed with the gorgeous Alec Lightwood! I just had too write a story on him. i hope this story gets some recognition and id be happy to take any recommendations or ideas :) i only own one character being Jade Wood at the moment, i'm not sure if ill add any more characters but all the others are the same. As you've probably guessed, Alec and Magnus are not gay in this story nor will have any romantic interest. However Alec and Jace will be talked about and Magnus' liking towards Alec will be shown. I wont be necessarily following the storyline but this is when Victor has just joined and imagine that they need more hunters to help beat Valentine so they've had to find Jade.

Please vote and comment so i know its worth continuing!

Thank You also for clicking this story, hopefully the next chapter shouldn't be long :)