Our Choice

Alexander's POV

Every other day, Prince Timmeu's nannies would drop him off in our rooms for a playdate. The little prince had dragged a toy wagon of his stuffed toys into our room and carefully arranged them on the bed before politely asking to play with the baby.

Cassidy pursed his lips to smother his laughter. "It's too early to play with the baby, Timmeu."

Timmeu frowned. "Why?"

Cass looked at me helplessly. I shrugged at him with a huge grin on my face. "The baby is inside Cassidy's belly," I tell Timmeu.

Timmeu turns to Cass with wide, shocked eyes. "You ate the baby?"

Cassidy makes a face at me. "The baby is still growing. They can't come out to play until they are big enough," he tells the pup.

TImmeu's small shoulder sag visibly. He pouts, encircled in a ring of his toys.

"I'll play with you," I tell him. "What do you want to do?"

He watches me sceptically. Such judgement is truly uncalled for since I'm always playing with him. Cassidy laughs at us.

Timmeu directs me to sit on the bed, his stuffed toys rearranged in orderly rows around me. Then he grabs a book and tells us very seriously that he will read a book. Cassidy is resting against the pillows, so Timmeu joins him there and reads to the class while my mate helps him with the difficult words.

He reads for a little while until his little head starts to droop in sleepiness.

"Nap time?" I whisper.

Cass nods and yawns as well. I tuck them both in, pressing a kiss to their foreheads. My heart clenches at the sight of my mate cuddled up with a child. I turn away and tidy up the room instead.

When lunch comes, I set the small table at the side and wake them up. Timmeu is uncharacteristically clingy when he wakes up, so I settled him on my lap. Cassidy smiles at us over the rim of his teacup. I smile back besotted until Timmeu grumbles at not being able to reach the bread.

The prince is a lot more active after his nap and food and he draws us all into a game of 'hide and seek'. Well, there wasn't as much hiding and seeking as the game tended to have since I was a grown werewolf with a superior sense of smell.

Timmeu stood behind a chair that was taller than him, but we could clearly see his chubby feet wiggling underneath.

Cassidy grins conspiratorial at me and asks, "Where has the little prince gone?"

There was a short giggle behind the chair.

I played along. "Have we lost Prince Timmeu? Wherever could he be?"

"Oh, dear," says Cassidy. "We must send out search parties!"

"And tell his mama and papa," I add.

Prince Timmeu tumbles out from behind the chair and runs directly into my legs to cling like a limpet. "No!" he yells. "I'm here!"

We act surprised.

"My prince!" I exclaimed. "Where did you come from?"

"Magic!" he giggles, and we laugh. Magic babies indeed.

We proceed to spend a couple of hours pretending to lose sight of Timmeu while he hides in a series of rather obvious locations. He doesn't tire of the game.

Eventually, his nannies come to collect him for a bath, listening to him chatter about his day with his wagonload of toys following them behind. I am tired out from entertaining a toddler all day and Cassidy is visibly drained.

"Are you alright?" I check in with him.

He nods tiredly. "That was a lot."

I nod back smiling as I ready a hot bath for us.

~

Cassidy leans on me in the tub, his back pressed flush against my chest. I hold him as we soak in the heat. My hands are placed protectively over his belly.

"Alex," he murmurs, voice tinged with drowsiness.

I hum in answer, thumbs rubbing tiny circles on his stomach.

"Let's keep the baby," he says.

My fingers freeze. "Are you sure?" I ask. My heart fills with hope even as I try not to get too optimistic. "You're not just saying that because of Prince Timmeu, are you?"

Cass shakes his head. "No, not entirely." He sits up and turns around, dislodging my arms from around his waist. "Watching you with Prince Timmeu today helped me make the choice. You are good with children. And not just for playing with them."

I blush at his praise. "Thank you," I mumble. Then in a louder voice, "You are good with children too," I tell him earnestly.

He grins. "Thank you." Cassidy cups my cheeks and pressed a quick kiss to my lips. "Listen, let's keep this child, unexpected as they may be. I know I was worried about not being ready, but is anyone ever ready to be a parent?

"You're going to be the best father ever and as long as we do this together, I'll do anything," he says sincerely. "Expanding the family is simply happening a little sooner than expected," he finishes.

Cassidy's thumbs swiped away the moisture on my cheeks. It's only then I realise that I'm crying. He smiles and doesn't ask if I'm upset because our bond thrums with joy.

"I love you," he whispers.

I kiss him. Cassidy's mouth opens readily against mine. The sensation of wet bodies rubbing slickly against each other is enough to get us both excited.

My gorgeous mate gasps when I take him in hand. His fingers bury themselves in my hair as I bite red marks into his neck and shoulders. Cassidy is exhausted even though his body responds beautifully to my touch, so I tug quickly at his cock, bringing him to completion swiftly. His cries of ecstasy and trembling muscles take me to my own end just as rapidly.

I dry us off and carry him to bed before the water cools. He is fast asleep before his head even touches the pillow and it doesn't take long for me to join him. My arms circle his waist once more.