I.

"Mhmm. You have 3 kids, yes?" the fortune teller pondered.

It was a few days before Chinese New Year. The Teos finally gave in to the in-laws and sought for the best Feng Shui advice for a prosperous new year. The fortune telling was the last part of the package.

Mrs. Teo, impatient and eager to leave, glared at the balding man. "No. We only have two girls." She shifted her glare to her husband, sending him signals that they should leave since they already got the instructions to arrange their house.

"Yes--yes, two," Mr. Teo agreed, avoiding her piercing stares. He thought they might as well see this fortune telling through since they paid this pepper-bearded man, in a rather modern suit, a three figure amount. Mr. Teo made a mental note to never give in to his in-laws-- and his parents for that matter-- ever again.

The fortune teller furrowed his brows as he read his notes and began to shake his head. "No... You. Have.Three. Children."

Mrs Teo stared at her husband. I knew it! she thought. He has a family outside all this while! What an unfaithful, good-for-nothing, son-of-a--

Mr Teo stared back at her, and thinking he was on the same frequency as her, he leaned forward, asking the balding man, "You mean...you count miscarriages too?"