"Ah, yes," Hana hummed, looking around the place. There were several people lounging outside, talking or admiring the view. "What food can you recommend? I'm quite hungry after a long journey."

The owner of the inn hummed in thought before she snapped her fingers in delight. "I have just the thing! I think you may like Almond Tofu—"

Hana nervously chuckled. She was never really a fan of tofu. It tasted and felt icky inside her mouth, and so she didn't really prefer eating it. How would she decline her though? It would be rude if she would say she didn't like what was recommended without even trying it at first.

"—It's purely made of almonds. This dessert is called 'tofu' due to its shape!" Verr Goldet excitedly explained, knowing that there were tourists who never tried Liyue cuisine before.

Hana sighed in relief. So it is not tofu. Wonderful.

"I would like that, actua—"

Suddenly, Hana felt cold shivers run down her back at the new presence she felt behind her. It was quick and she barely noticed their arrival.

It reeked of negativity. It wasn't necessarily evil, however, but it was still intimidating. Hana couldn't move, and sweat gathered on her forehead.

Shoot, she thought. If this person means harm, I need to protect these pe—!

Hana was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard Verr Goldet greet the person behind her with a wider and happier smile.

"Adeptus Xiao! Welcome back, how have you been doing?"

A...Adeptus Xiao..?

Xiao huffed lightly and walked nearer Verr Goldet. "It's been the same."

Hana turned her neck to face the newcomer. His voice was deep and emotionless. His hair was medium-length black with teal undertones, pale skin, and pretty amber eyes that were pronounced by the red eyeliner he wore. There was a purple diamond right on the middle of his forehead. Green markings and tattoos littered his right arm from his bicep down to his gloved hands. She noticed the jade spear he was holding as well as the anemo vision on the back of his left hand and the mask hanging on his hips.

What was more noticeable was their similar heights, though.

Verr Goldet only seemed to remember that she was still attending to a customer when she apologized to the awkwardly standing girl before facing Xiao again.

"Adeptus Xiao, you are here for a rest, I assume?" She asked.

"I suppose so."

Verr stole a quick glance at Hana. "Then, would you mind showing the miss downstairs? She'll be having Almond Tofu."

Xiao grumbled, but agreed nonetheless. The adeptus merely looked at her for a second before turning around and walking out. Hana fumbled before following along.

It seemed like Xiao isn't much of a talker.

↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

Xiao definitely needed a break. Conquering demons and keeping Liyue safe is tiring. The evil is slowly eating him away, and there was nothing he could do to stop it. He needed a break, but he didn't want one.

So, when he felt a burst of anemo power at Wangshu Inn, he took it upon himself to check it out. Maybe he could stop by and eat some almond tofu. Xiao wanted to ease his soul even just a bit.

Landing at the top of the Inn's roof, he tracked the leftover anemo particles that seemed to leak from somewhere. Perhaps this anemo might lead him to his old friend, and maybe get to hear his music to further calm him down.