Angelina snorted.

     Now that was plain insulting.

     She wasn't a thing. Angelina craned her neck, honing in on the woman's body language. It was either pride or decorum that kept her from lashing out more but her inner she-devil was obviously struggling to keep face. That amused Angelina. She was accustomed to being despised rather than liked. Over the years, she had become desensitised from the cruel remarks Eris and her mother kept slinging her way. It was a good thing that Irene assumed she was harmless.

     "You've got your information mixed up." Riley swiftly intercepted. "This is the bride-to-be's sister, not our future Luna. However, we still owe her the same respect we offer any other guest in the Pack Irene."

     "I'm part of the Council. He should've let us know that she was here in the first place."

     Angelina perked a brow at that piece of information. In all honesty, she had thought the Council was a load of bullshit but hearing it from her mouth was an epiphany.

     She had heard that Mason had a Council of twelve wolves. Six men and six women. Each had their own duty to the Pack but whatever it was exactly, was as much as a mystery to her as it was for anyone else who wasn't part of the Silver Dawn Pack.

     "When Irene? You know we've been busy with Jack's burial, including the events leading up to it. Was Mason supposed to let you know when we were trying to find Jack or when we were organising everything for his funeral?"

     "You know that's not what I mean."

     "Look here Irene, I don't know why you're behaving this way but this is no time to argue in front of our guest. If you have any issues, please talk to the Alpha himself. I'm sure he'll slot you into his busy schedule."

     "Mother, let's go." Tamsyn sighed, grabbing the woman's hand. She gave them both a tight-lipped smile, "My apologies for holding you two up. We'll be on our way now." The Healer replied, tugging Irene along. The women who trailed after the pair looked confused as they bustled behind, glancing between Irene and Angelina.

     "That was eventful." Angelina muttered.

     Riley groaned, brushing away the stray locks that fell across her cheeks from her loose bun. "I'm going to advise you to stay the hell away from that lady. She may be part of the Pack, which is unfortunate but she's been trying to find any odd reason to dislike the Alpha."

     "Why?"

     "I'm not sure I should be telling you."

     "Well, if I were to connect the dots. I would say she's angry because your Alpha is going to marry my sister. She might've thought her daughter would be married to the him, which obviously isn't going to happen. Hence, the hostility."

     "I'm going to pretend that you didn't just figure that all out. If the Alpha finds out that you ran into Irene, I'm not sure what he'd do."

     "I thought there was something going on between those two." Angelina whispered, tapping her chin thoughtfully. She recalled seeing the woman the moment she got out of the dungeon, waking up disorientated in the bed. She still remembered the easy skinship she shared with the Alpha. Back then, she hadn't taken too much notice of the woman. She had merely been another Pack member.

     Now, she had questions. Lots of questions. She also wanted to know why in the hell the man had come to her room instead of Tamsyn's room. Surely, he would've preferred the woman's company than hers. "I hadn't realised the Alpha was into the cute, girl-next-door type of gal. On top of that, she's the Pack Healer. That would've been a perfect couple." Angelina instead said.