|| chapter twelve ||

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

[12|| chapter twelve]
she-cago!

[12|| chapter twelve]she-cago!

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

     UNFORTUNATELY, THE BAD NEWS DIDN'T STOP WITH JASON'S DREAM.

Leo continued on to tell them about how he'd seen their enemy, the sleeping lady Luna knew as Gaea, in the sludge of gunk in the Porta-Potties shortly after she left him alone outside. While this would've proved to make the girl feel worse, Leo seemed to sense her distress and patted her hands multiple times to ensure she knew it wasn't her fault.

"She's trying to divide us." Piper stated uneasily.

"What's wrong?" Jason asked her.

"I just... why are they toying with us? Who is this lady, and how is she connected to Enceladus?"

At first Luna felt terrible guilt weigh down her shoulders, but then she whipped around to face the girl, surprised that she knew the name of one of Gaea's giant children. The girl instantly began to stutter over her words.

"Enceladus?" Jason inquired.

"How do you—"

"I mean," Her voice quavered under Luna's stare. "That's one of the giants. Just one of the names I could remember."

Luna turned back to face Leo again, unsure if she should question Piper's words as much as she wanted to.

Either Piper and her father went really in depth with their research for his movie, or she somehow knew something the others didn't, because Luna knew for a fact that the American education system didn't take Greek history or 'mythology' seriously enough to teach it at schools. Especially not something as unbelievable as the story of the giants. Thats why most of the demigods came to camp knowing nothing.

Still, Luna trusted Piper enough to not get entirely suspicious.

Leo scratched his head. "Well, I don't know about Enchiladas—"

Luna's lips twitched.

"Enceladus." Piper corrected, which made Luna glance around warily, all traces of her smile dropping.

She hated that they threw all of the names around so carelessly. She'd been raised with the knowledge that names had more power than mortals gave them credit for, and just saying the name Enceladus once made her uncomfortable, but the others were throwing it around like it was nothing. She knew she should say something, but she didn't know how. New demigods hardly believed the things they were told.

"Whatever." Leo shrugged. "But Old Potty Face did mention another name. Porpoise Fear, or something?"

Luna moved to stop her, but Piper said it before she could warn her not to.