Under the Bridge - Frank Woods x Reader Part Two

Hey guys! So here is part two finally. Thank you for being to patient, I've been slumped with work, and my finals for collage. But, here we are!! Thank you for all the support! ❤

TW: Strong language, mention of death, depression.

It had been almost two months, and all of the team, including almost everyone in MI6 had made exhausting efforts to find any trace of you.

After Frank and Adler watched the bridge blow, and your leather jacket fly into the air they had knew something happened to you. Something bad.

So, they rounded a search team and spent day and night, looking for anything. But there was nothing, it was like you vanished, in thin air.

Of course, Hudson thought they were wasting time looking for you. He assumed you dead, there was no way a person could survive a fall into water like that. Even if you did, two whole months went by at this point.

Adler and Woods took lead. Adler had noticed how Frank made extra effort, not leaving a single rock unturned. He wanted answers and he wanted them now.

Now, the team was at the rock caverns by the underpass. What was left of it, of course. They thought if you lived, you would have took shelter in here so you didn't die of exposure.

Adler went left, Frank went right. Nightfall approached, but he readied his headlamp and scanned the ground and tree for possible clues.

That's when he looked into a tree that had been struck by lightening. On the charred edge, layed a beautiful, pristine leather jacket. Frank's eyes went wide, he turned and shouted to the team.

"Guys, I think I found her fuckin' jacket!" Frank yelled, taking off into a run towards it.

Adler was close behind, and watched as Frank climbed the tree with ease, stretching to where the jacket was and grabbing it.

"Here," Adler held his arms out. "I'll take it, be careful getting down." He offered.

Frank handed him the jacket, and Woods jumped down. Adled held it up, and looked for damage or any kind of tampering.

There was some dust, and a single clean bullet hole through the right shoulder. You had gotten shot during Operation Red Circus. So, that was out.

"Hm, not seeing any damage other than a few scratches and the normal wear and tear." Park spoke, examining the jacket much closer.

"We should really turn in for the night. We need to update the evidence locker as soon as possible too." Park spoke, packing up.

Frank felt lost. He felt empty, and not complete without the person he loved, cherished, and cared so deeply for by his side. It was agonizing not knowing where you were, especially since it could be life or death.

"No, come on we need to keep lookin! Y/N would search day and night for us, and you wanna give up at fuckin' sunset?" Frank snapped out.

"You know if we go back tonight with no leads, Hudson is going to shut down the hunt and label Y/N KIA. We can't let it happen! I'm sure as hell not!" He shouted.

Adler lit a cigarette, and leaned up against a tree. He rubbed his temples, and took a drag. He exhaled with his stress filled effort.

"Frank, we know. Do you think we want to give up on finding Y/N? I sure as hell don't. Y/N has been a friend since Vietnam, practically family. But we still have to intercept Perseus. If not, the world we know it will end." Adled spoke cooly, but with empathy.

Frank scoffed, and had a look of disgust on his face. He couldn't believe they were leaving you for dead after today.

"Whatever, Adler. I'm staying out here a bit longer whether you like it or not. I'll keep lookin my damn self, til I find evidence!" Frank exclaimed, pitting on a jacket and packing a canteen.

Frank turned sharply on his heel, and off he went, heading West. He was a man on a mission, and the team knew better than to try and stop him.

Adler turned to Park, and simply sighed.

"He never listens. That's why he's one of the best. A hard ass, but the best." Adler turned in Frank's direction, and cupped his mouth.

"YOU HAVE THREE HOURS. WE WANT YOU BACK ON BASE AT 12 AM, FRANK!" He yelled, and started walking with everybody towards base.

Frank simply shrugged the bag up higher on his shoulder. He scoffed and made a sour face.

"Back by 12 AM Frank..." He mocked Adler.

"What are you, my fuckin' mom?"

Time skip, two days later.

It was made official by none other than Russell Adler himself. As much as he didn't believe it, and how much he cringed when making the horrid announcement.

"As of this hour, the search for 'Y/N Y/M/N Y/L/N' has been called off. After hours of effort, we have classified Y/N as killed in action." Adler spoke, wiping a small tear from his eye.

Frank just sat back in his chair, and shook. He shook with rage, sadness, and most of all. Guilt.

How? How could they just slap a label on you, as if you were a supermarket item. Frank knew, Hudson was tired of sourcing the money so the search party could continue. He just didn't care.

Frank felt numb, he couldn't focus on what was happening anymore. He couldn't process anything said to him, he couldn't sleep anymore past three hours at night.

'This....This is grief.....' He thought to himself.

He really couldn't believe he lost the person most special to him. It was done, over.

"On Friday the 10th, a memorial service will be held for Y/N at 5PM. Everyone is welcome. Thank you all who helped us in the search party and for donation. Y/N will live on. She is the good in our hearts and the reason we fight. Thank you." Adler spoke, stepping off stage.

Clapping roared in the auditorium, and so did a few sobs. You were very close to everybody here, they were home away from home. They couldn't process you dying either. Some people denied it.

Adler approached Frank, and pulled him in for a hug. Frank hugged back, but his face stayed emtionless.

"It'll all work out Frank. Trust me, I feel something will turn in this case for us." Adler spoke with hope.

Frank could only stare at the large image of you projected onto the wall, working under a car.

He nodded, and gave Adler a pat on the back.

"Thanks. I'm going to go sleep now. I haven't felt good all day dude. I'll see ya round, brother." Frank spoke.

Adler nodded, and light up a cigarette.

Frank turned and walked towards his room. He stared ahead, and saw none other than a man dressed in a long, black trench coat in front of the desk.  Nice shoes, slicked back, coal black hair.

He spoke to the receptionist with a thick, East German accent. Frank was passing, when he felt a tug on his sleeve.

"Mr. Woods, let us talk? I have some information for you, regarding someone special."