Why Are You Doing This? - Adler X Reader X Stitch

Hey guys!!! Thanks for coming back to my stories. I've been quite busy writing these for some lovely humans and I'm absolutely loving it. I'm at a difficult spot in my life and this helps me so much. I love you all, thank you to the stunning olliekirkland for sending me in such wonderful ideas. I love you all, enjoy!!!

TW: Strong language, adult themes, mention of violence. Please click away if you don't like any of these themes.

Running around the corner with a gun in hand, you saw the room that you needed access to. You knew Stitch would be in there, and that's who you wanted. You pushed the door with the team, Adler right on your heels.

Today was the day you were gonna try and finally going to catch Vikhor Kuzmin, and bring him in. Adler was so set on not letting this man go.....It honestly sketched you out.

"Y/N, blow the door! Everybody stack up on either side. Breach and clear!" Adler shouted.

"Yes sir! Setting charge!" You shouted, setting the charge on the exact waypoint of the door.

You got into position, and waited for the door to blow. Within 3 seconds, the square charge blew and the door flew open, sending it flying into the room, hitting one of Stitch's men.

You went first, gun pointed. Bullets flew as Adler and the team stormed behind you. Tango's flew around like ragdolls and yelled in agony as bullets riddled their bodies.

The room smelt like death, cigarettes, and alcohol. The room became so thick with smoke from gunfire you couldn't even see your own weapon. Adler and the team behind you stopped firing once everyone had been dropped.

You scanned the room, and made a quick analysis. Not seeing a single sign of Stitch made you very suspicious. All the clues lead to here, where could me possibly ran to?

Adler turned back to you, and relaxed just a tiny bit. He sighed in agitation.

"No sign of the damn man, we haul our chassis all the way in the middle of bum fuck Egypt, and he isn't here. We need to get a forensics team and search every part of this buidling. I want a perfect blue print of this bulding by sundown." Adler said, pulling out a cigar.

"Yes sir, I will start further analysis and see if I can make a perfect cast of where he went. It'll take a few hours, but we'll be out of here by 0700 sharp." You spoke, pulling out the kit needed for forensics.

Adler nodded, and gave you a sharp glance.

"Let me know if you need anything soldier, I have your back." He said, turning and leaving the buliding.

You then turned, and stepped around the still warm corpses of men you just massacred and began retracing his steps.

*A few hours later*

After finally getting a trail, you followed it all the way outside to a small container. You were alerted when you saw the trail ran cold here to the door, and immediately called for backup on the radio.

"Y/N to Adler, I'm going to need immediate backup at the small red container to the northeast, repeat, immediate backup northeast, possible suspect is inside!" You rushed, grabbing a hold of your weapon.

Your radio beeped with urgency, and on the other line was a frantic Adler.

"Copy that Bravo, we are inbound! Stay put, everybody put mission 'Blacklight' into action!" Adler shouted through the radio.

You heard footsteps coming from inside the small container, and this made your heart race. You felt brave and decided to open the door, and investigate.

You slowly opened the door, your rifle aiming down sights. You successfully opened the door completely and looked from where you stood. It looked empty, until a person shot up quicker than lightning, wearing an all too familiar outfit.

Stitch shot beside your head, and began to rush until he saw who you were. He stopped dead in his tracks and looked you up and down.

You still had your Death Certificate pointed at him, ready to fire. You knew who he was, from way back when you were still apart of his team.

"Y/N, is that you? We thought you were KIA, and you work for Russell Adler now?" Stitch spoke with shocked words.

You gritted your teeth and only held the gun closer, shaking. Was it bad that a part of you missed working with this man?

"I'm not who you say I am. I joined the good side because you are twisted and cruel. I don't regret a single thing." You said confidently.

He nodded his head, lowered his weapon and shuffled closer towards you.

"Y/N, come back with me. We can give you more than Russell Adler ever could, I'll take you far away with a nice house and a comfortable life. Everybody misses you." He said, with a dramatic pause.

"Hey, asshat! Put your hands up and keep 'em there!" Was shouted from behind you.

Adler came up right beside you, weapon pointed straight at Stitch. He had a look of rage and hatred in his eyes, he wanted blood.

"Good work Y/N, but you should have waited on us." Adler said. You didn't say a word.

"Y/N, don't stay here with this fool. He is the sole reason why you are here, and not back home. Do you not miss your home?" Stitch pleaded.

This only made Adler shake with rage, and now he pulled out his big rifle and cocked it, still resting sideways against his chest.

"Shut the hell up, Vikhor. She is better off here with me, and not some lowlife like you. You only want her for the intelligence, then you'll dispose of her just like the other ones." Adler spat.

"I don't like your tone Adler, I'd like to cut your eye out like you did mine." Stitch spit like venom.

Stitch held out a hand for you, and nodded.

"Come home with me Y/N, get your life back. Your parents have been worried sick....."

This sparked so much light into your head. You felt like you were on autopilot, and lowered your gun.

"I miss my mom and dad...." You thought to yourself.

"Shut up, Kuzmin. You aren't taking Y/N, she wants to be here with us! I won't let you take her!" Adler said, and the whole team of 30 behind him aimed their guns.

You saw a flashbang attached to your side, and pulled it out. You looked at Adler, and back to Stitch. You felt like you had to go, back to where you emerged from. You had made a decision.

"I'm so sorry Adler, but it's time for me to go home." You said, biting the tab from the flashbang.

Adler backed away from you, and looked in horror.

"Y/N don't! It's just a trap!" Adler shouted.

With no hesitation, you slowly turned and chucked the flashbang into all the team. It went off and quickly rendered everybody dazed. You felt confused, until a hand had rested on your shoulder.

It turned you, and it was Stitch. He grabbed your hand and you both took off into a sprint. He guided you to a helicopter and started it, ascending. You both flew off into the pink colored skies and never said a word.

Adler had regained his vision and saw the bird take off. Woods pointed a Jokr at it but Adler made him put it down.

"What the hell is wrong with you Frank, Y/N is on that! Stand down!" Adler said.

"Y/N just willingly ran away with the enemy! She's dead to us!" Frank shouted.

Adler just watched as it crossed over the mountains. He was shocked and at a loss for words. He slumped to the ground in defeat, and just stared.

"We need to get her home. We'll find a way."