Chapter 14

We have been looking for hours for this cure and nothing. Every crack and every crevice of this cave and nothing. "Guys I think we should go. It is almost 12:30 and we are all tired." I said leaning up against the cave wall.

"Parker you are..." Tyler stopped and looked at Parker. he started to walk towards him and reached for something in Parker's leather jacket.

"Hey what are you doing?" Parker stepped back but Tyler got what he wanted and held it up for us to see. It was a vial of purple liquid and what I'm guessing is the cure.

"Parker what the hell is this" Tyler examined the vial.

"That..that is the cure, I was going to tell you guys I found it." Parker rubbed the back of his neck.

"When were you going to tell us that you found the cure, when Parker?" Tyler yelled, his face was red and if he didn't kill Parker when we first got here he was going to now.

" I...ok, I wasn't going to tell you that I found the cure, I was going to let you guys think it wasn't here and somehow break out and bring it to my boss." 

"Your boss? Are you working for someone?" Tara laughed in disbelief.

"Better question why are you telling us this now?" Tyler asked.

"You're going to kill me one way or another." Parker shrugged. "I hope you can do something with this and take him down because trust me you'll want to."

"Why are you working for this guy anyway and who is he?" Tara asked.

"Look I know what you guys think of me, that I don't care about my family and yes I don't care about most human life but I do care about Alyssa." The Parker that kidnapped Asher and that tried to kill Tara was now gone and now he was a soft guy I genuinely believed cared about me.   " When he threatened her and asked me to go find the cure I did, and I didn't want to get Alyssa involved, I didn't want to get any of you involved but when you guys started looking and finally found me I had to improvise and take the role of the bad guy." Parker continued.

" Kidnapping was part of you improvising because I'm still mad about that," Asher said.

"Um, that was just for fun, I'll admit, but I did not want to kill you, any of you. Well... maybe Tyler but that's just because I don't like you." Parker shrugged. "So, if you are going to kill me I will willingly take the cure and you can kill me but I have a lot on the big boss."

"Hey guys can I talk to you without Parker please" Tyler asked and we all followed him out the cave. "We aren't actually trusting his sad story about Alyssa, I mean he hasn't really been there for you and now he wants to be a father?" Tyler said, looking at me doubtful.

"I agree, as much as I want to believe his story about caring for me I just don't,but I believe his story about this big boss dude and Parker can be useful to take him down." I said

"Alyssa is right we can't kill him yet," Tara said 

We talked for a little longer and all agreed that we can't kill Parker as evil as is the boss man that Parker talked about seems worse.

We went back to Parker "so am I dying today" he asked when we entered the cave..

"As sad as it is you are not dying today, the man you talk about sounds like a guy I know about and he is worse than you," Tyler explained. Tyler said that his friend came across a guy that worked for a 'boss vampire'.

"Does this mean I am part of the team? Can I get the cuffs off now?" Parker raised his still handcuffed hands hopefully.

"Yes you can get the cuffs off as long as you don't kill any of us," Tara said walking over to Parker with the key.

"Promise," he said with a wink.

" Good" Tara uncuffed him and he shook his hands.

"See all good, like I said I don't really want to kill any of you."