Chapter 10: JUMP

Madison was different, death changed her. She didn't hound me like she used to. She didn't really do anything, other than walk around like a ghost. Mom was still fighting with Hank and honestly I didn't mind it much. Hank seemed a bit off recently. On the flip side of things, I noticed that Fiona was a bit happier. However, that was only when she was actually home. Zoe had taken it upon herself to try and help Kyle remember things. Queenie left, but told no one of where she was going. LaLaurie mysteriously disappeared. Mom found out that Fiona killed Madison.

I wondered who I could actually trust. I knew Nan could get nasty when she got really angry, Queenie had left so I considered her a wild card. Madison, she lost the spark that was once in her. Zoe, she was my best friend, I didn't think that she would do anything to hurt me. My Mom, Cordelia, she would protect me with all that she had. Finally, Fiona, I haven't trusted her since I was born and I wasn't going to start.

We learned that Queenie had joined Marie Laveau. Madison and Zoe saw her rip a mans heart out.

I was sitting in my room contemplating my options, tugging at the end of my black moon sweater. 

Mom walked in and asked that I meet her in her office. I went and the rest of the remaining girls were there.

"Let go of everything outside this room right now." Mom said beginning the meeting, "Losing Queenie is a terrible failure. My failure. But as of now, she's dead to me. And no one else will slip through the cracks. Let's get to the battle plan."

Zoe spoke up "It begins with killing Fiona. We can't afford to wait."

"I should be the one." Madison interrupted, "I want to slit her throat."

"No." Mom objected, "You have to stay hidden until it's time.She cannot know you're back. We have one shot. That's it. Our plan has to be flawless, so does the execution. Failure turns this into a suicide mission."

The doorbell rang again and again, until Zoe got up to get it. Mom and I both got up to see who entered the academy. I knew the blonde that circled Zoe, rambling quickly about someone out to get her.

"Misty!"

Mom reached her hand out and Misty took it. I'm guessing mom saw exactly what went through, because she immediately said "Whatever troubles you had, they are ours now. You're under the protection of this coven. This is your house."

"Could my friend stay, also?" Misty quickly asked, "I left her out back in the greenhouse."

I led Mom into the greenhouse, the others not too far behind. What was there surprised us all.

"Aunt Myrtle?" I could barely believe my eyes, she hugged mom and asked

"What have they done to you?", taking in mom's blindness.

"I've lost my eyes. You were burned at the stake, and our own Supreme murdered one of her witches. I'm afraid this coven has fallen on hard times."