FOURTEEN. | MORE THAN ONE SAVIOR

Start from the beginning

Gemini gestured her belfry in acknowledgment before she furthered, "Right. So, if Hufflepuff loses to Ravenclaw and we beat Ravenclaw and Slytherin...Though, Hufflepuff'll have to lose by at least two hundred points. Won't they?" Alicia, who selected to bounce off her train of thought, contributed, "Yes, I suppose. Yet, don't let it slip your mind that we need to take into consideration if they manage to beat Ravenclaw." The younger lass snickered, unmistakably taken aback. "Oi! Come off it, Alicia. No way that happens! The only logic behind their victory is Harry being down. Not counting, Ravenclaw is too good. But, if Slytherin loses against Hufflepuff...Well. It all depends on the points, doesn't it? A margin of a hundred either way." In the interim; Harry laid there, not uttering a single word. They had lost...for the first time ever, he had lost a Quidditch match. And Gemini. Oh, Gemini. What in the world was her thought process to idiotically end herself in here alongside himself.

After ten minutes or so, Madam Pomfrey came over to instruct the team to leave the two injured in peace. - "We'll come and see you both later," Fred informed them, "Also; Don't beat yourself up, Harry. No one blames you. The Dementors aren't meant to come on the grounds - everyone knows that. You're still the best Seeker we've ever had." The group then trooped out, mud trailing behind them. Madam Pomfrey sealed the door behind their leave, a disapproving glaze adorned her features. Concurrently, the alternative half of the Golden Quartet moved closer to their wounded friends. "Dumbledore was positively angered," Hermione explained; voice quaking, "I've never seen him like that before. He ran onto the field as you both fell, waved his wand, and you both sort of slowed down before you connected with the ground. Then he whirled his wand at the Dementors. Shot silver stuff at them. They left the stadium right away...He was furious they'd come onto the grounds. We heard him -."

"Then he magicked you both onto stretchers," Ron interjected; disbelief clouding sapphire orbs, "And sauntered up to school with the pair of you floating on dooly's at the heels of Dumbledore. Everyone supposed you were...Especially you, Gem..." His voice faded, but Harry had hardly noticed. The boy was so caught up in the thought of what the Dementors had done to him...about the screaming voice he'd received an unpleasant encore of. Perceiving how he'd existed in silence for a moment...he looked up and viewed Ron and Hermione looking at the duo so anxiously that he quickly cast around for something matter-of-fact to say. "Did someone grab my Nimbus?," he questioned. Gemini shaped a hasty bellow of accord; crafting the complementary question, "Ensuing that, did someone also oversee seizing mine?" Ron and Hermione quickly looked at each other.

"Er - There's something you should know, Harry," Ron hesitantly commenced, "Your Nimbus, when it blew away, it sort of landed in the Whomping Willow. And well..." The ginger then proceeded to tip a sack of splintered wood and twisted twigs onto the bed. Harry's insides lurched. The Whomping Willow was that excessively violent tree that nearly murdered him the preceding year. As she viewed her friend's demolished besom; Gemini shrilled, "Where the fuck is mine?" Hermione cleared her throat and affirmed, "Yours is intact, Gem. George was proceeding to pause you in jumping to your death, but he wasn't fast enough. He'd only managed to clutch the bristles as you sprung off. It's in Gryffindor's Quidditch shed." The Chaser respired in alleviation, "Thank Merlin. No offense, Darling. I have a Cleansweep Eleven I can work with briefly, and you can handle my Nimbus for the time being."

"No, Love! I couldn't possibly -." But, the female wasn't having it. "Shut up, Harry. The Nimbus 2000 is the most expeditious broom on the market. The Seeker ought to control that kind of acceleration to carry the day in our following matches. - In other respects, I am aware of the remorse that is creeping up on me. I watched it fly off, your broom, before I also blacked out. I should've tried more to capture it alongside you." Harry awarded her with an incredulous speculation. "Are you serious right now, Gem?" he exasperatedly enquired. "No. I'm not Sirius. That's my murderous Mum," she deadpanned; then opted to advance the discussion fervently, "What're you on about, Harry?" Appalled; he answered," I'm on about you believing it to be okay to plunge alongside myself! You could've died!" She sniffed in scorn; replying, "I am intelligent enough to fathom that was a possibility, Harold. I had took a stab at trying to rescue you beforehand, believe me. That decision was only made once I actualized there was truly nothing I could do...beyond being there with you."

"Well," he started; extremely touched yet rejecting to show as such, "Don't do that again. Try to save my life I mean; don't do it." In response; she challengingly expressed, "I'll do what I want." Harry, not appreciating that she didn't seem to grasp the severity of it all, plead, "I do not wish for you to risk your life." Gemini merely shrugged; reciprocating, "Too bad. I'm positive you'll eventually get over someone being there for you every step of the way." The faction attested that Harry's right eye twitched in annoyance. Harry Potter and Gemini Lupin-Black were easily as intractable as mules, and there was a nonexistent solution to alter such a characteristic. The Hogwarts population swore that, while they were an undeniable cute paring, the duo could quibble interminably if Ron and Hermione weren't present to intervene. "GEM," the boy snapped; visibly flushed. "You just refuse to share your title of savior with me. That's what it is," she chortled. Then, offering Hermione and Ron her full attention, she queried, "Does my dad know about what happened?" Ron whistled lowly, "He's still dormant last time we asked Madam Pomfrey, but I guarantee he'll find out eventually. Sorry."

The harmed female achingly groused, "Of course he will. Merlin, Harry, you better be delighted that I love you!" The Golden Boy chocked on air without delay. "You...YOU WHAT?" Silver eyes, that were close to shutting for much needed sleep, snapped open. "As friends," the lioness quiveringly shrieked." They all laughed it off. However, Hermione noticed how panicked the girl seemed to be at such an assumption. What reason would she have for that? Besides the feelings being literal...of course.