Chapter 12- Giving it Away

Everyone knew what Hermione was like. Once she had her mind set on something, it was there until her question was answered. That was why as soon as the school day ended that Monday, Hermione didn't go with Ron and Harry to the great hall to eat. Instead, she walked the corridors that she knew far too well, to the library where she sat at her favourite desk and began to study a pile of large books that she had pulled of the shelf from the P section.

Defence Against The Dark arts class had been wonderful, Professor Prince seemed to be the perfect teacher, except from the fact that she knew nothing of the true wizarding world, like The-Boy-Who-Lived. The girl had excused herself from her friend's company so she could answer the nagging question of 'Where had she read the name Prince before?' Hermione flicked non-stop through the book in front of her. She slammed the cover shut when she found nothing. Sighing, the young girl pushed her bushy hair behind her ears, she tapped her fingers on the books for a minute until a thought popped into her head. Silently standing up and tucking her chair in under the library table, Hermione moved lightly across the room of books, slipping quietly between the shelves. Looking over her shoulder, Hermione checked that the librarian wasn't watching her, before she crouched under the rope of the restricted section.

xxx

"I see that you survived your lesson today" Severus said as he took a seat next to Dehlia at the teachers table in the great hall. It was dinner time and the room was full of happy chatter and laughter as the students ate and the professors discussed merrily about their lessons. In the past weeks, the Snape sisters had settled in and were also in deep conversation with the teachers, Hogwarts was their home as well now.

"Well, judging on I'm sat here right now and how many students are smiling and glancing at me, yes it went really well, Severus" Dehlia said, smiling at her brother as she took a sip of berry juice in a goblet.

"Don't look so smug" Severus said as he picked up his goblet. "No one's perfect, you will have done something wrong."

"Really? Like what?" Dehlia challenged.

"Talk me through the lesson with the second year Gryffindor and Slytherins" Severus said.

"Why them?"

"Because they cause the most trouble" Severus answered plainly.

"Well... when they came in, they sat down and I introduced myself" Dehlia began.

"As what?" Severus interrupted.

"Professor Prince" Dehlia responded. She saw Severus roll his eyes and drink from his goblet. "Really Severus?"

"What!" Severus exclaimed.

"It was mother's name, you should honour it, and maybe even use it. Come on Sev, the whole reason you know the darkness is because of money- even though we had tons and tons of it in the Prince vault. You wouldn't swallow your Snape pride."

"Hey" Severus said in a hushed voice. "You are not a Prince!"

"By inheritance and blood I kind of am" said Dehlia. "Anyway, I can shout at you about that later. After I had introduced myself and answered some questions, I asked for everyone's name and they gave it to me. I recognised Draco Malfoy's name and said that I had a brother who knew his parents."

"Did you say anything else about me?" Severus said.

"A little, but not much, don't worry" said Dehlia. "Then I-"

"Wait!" Severus exclaimed, almost jumping out of his chair. He lowered his voice, but it was clear that he was panicked. "Did you come across the name 'Potter'?"