Chapter 11- DADA

"Class dismissed."

As the last class poured out of the potions room, the next one filled in. Something was definitely different with Potter and Malfoy, Severus knew it as he stood at the front of the class, watching as the students took their seats. Malfoy whispered something to Potter as they sat down together, the Gryffindor immediately lifted his head, his eyes meeting Severus's glare.

"Turn to page 394" Severus icy voice ordered his students.

"The Polyjuice Potion, sir?" Granger raised her hand. "Isn't this meant to be a potion for a higher year group?"

"And isn't your hand meant to stay down in my class, Miss Granger?" Severus sneered. Hermione lowered her head. "Yes, today you will be learning about the Polyjuice Potion. Usually you would not until a higher year, but none the less, you will be completing it today due to reasons that would not lie important in the brains of idiotic children. This potion has the ability to change the appearance of a person, which means that it allows the drinker to assume the form of someone else. It is a highly complicated, challenging and time-consuming potion that even adult witches and wizards struggle to brew correctly. Here at Hogwarts it is completely forbidden to use it without the permission of a teacher or the Headmaster, if I, or anyone, catch you using it without consent, I will personally see you expelled, do I make myself clear?"

"Yes, Professor" murmurs came from around the class.

"Good" Severus continued in his icy voice. "Let us begin."

As the children flicked through their textbooks and collected handfuls of ingredients from the cupboards, Severus's mind was on his sister's whereabouts. He knew that the next class Dehlia had was this very one, Potter and Malfoy would no doubt cause heaps of trouble. That was why when his class finished and all the annoying children flooded out of the classroom, Severus unusually dreaded seeing them go, because he knew where they were off to next.

xxx

"Good afternoon children" Dehlia smiled at her new students who were slowly filling the room. She recognised some of them, Draco and Harry mostly. Her first two lessons had gone well, she could see that the children liked her. "My name is Professor..." at first she had puzzled over what her students should call her, it couldn't be Snape. "...Prince." Prince was the name that Dehlia knew Severus wanted to take instead of Snape. Prince was their mother's maiden name, she had belonged to a famous, rich, high ranking Slytherin family, they had vaults and vaults of money in Gringotts because of it.

"Bloody hell" Ron whispered as he took a seat next to Harry, Hermione, and strangely Draco. "Prince. That's one hell of a name."

"What do you mean?" Harry asked.

"Potter, god where has your head been? Prince is the family name of one of the wealthiest, most respected Slytherin families ever, even higher than my family. This woman's family is a legend in wizarding history" Draco said with wide, excited eyes.

"Prince, the name reminds me of something. I just can't put my mind on what" Hermione said.

"Now, let me begin by telling you all a little bit about myself" Dehlia spoke. "My first name is Dehlia and I am a Slytherin as many of you may have worked out. I have six siblings, five of which are the witches whom you were introduced to a while ago. Until I was thirteen I was raised by my parents, but when they died my other older sibling took care of us.  I have never been a teacher before, but your headmaster knows that you will all be safe with me. Are there any questions?"

"Miss, is it true that you're the heir to the Prince family throne?" Blaise Zabini.

"It is true that my mother was the heir to the Prince throne, but she married a muggle and took his last name" Dehlia explained.

"So shouldn't you be called, Professor... your father's last name?"

"I am, but I decided that I would rather use her name when I'm teaching. And to answer your question properly, no I am not the heir to the Prince throne, I am the oldest out of my sisters, but, I have an older brother who is entitled to it if he wants it."

"That must be annoying."

"I can see why you would think that, but my brother is only a year older than me and he is responsible and strong, he deserves it far more than I do. And anyway, if he ever chooses to use the Prince name, he would use it for mine and my sister's benefits, he would never abandon us, I'm sure that if he could he would give every penny to me, luckily he can't do that, he thinks much too deeply about his sister's health than his own. Are there any more questions before I ask you something? No? Well then, I would like to know your names, shall we start off over here."

Everyone eventually said their names.

"Neville Longbottom."

"Blaise Zabini."

"Vincent Crabbe."

"Gregory Goyle."

Dehlia reached where the Trio and Draco sat.

"Ron Weasley" Ron shook Dehlia's hand, looking up at her beautiful face, Hermione saw this and stuck her hand out as well.

"Hermione Granger, a pleasure to meet you, Professor Prince" she said.

"You too, Hermione, that is a stunning name may I say, absolutely beautiful" Dehlia said.

"Thank you, Miss" Hermione smiled.

"Harry Potter" Harry shook Dehlia's hand, the whole class peered over to see how the woman would react to a celebrity bring in her class.

"Nice to meet you Harry" Dehlia didn't realise how confused the class were when she didn't say anything about the almighty, Boy Who Lived. Of course, Dehlia had never been told anything about Harry, she and her sisters had been hidden for years under Severus's command when the Dark Lord set his eyes on them. The one that Dehlia did react differently to was Draco's name.

"Draco Malfoy" he said.

"Ah, you're the boy who has become acquainted with my sister, Daniella" Dehlia said. "Malfoy, I am familiar with that name, my brother knows you parents."

"Really. What's his name?"

"Unfortunately cannot tell you that, in time maybe. It is an honour to meet you Draco."

Dehlia walked back up to the front of the classroom to start the proper lesson. Harry and Ron were unable to understand why their teacher didn't know Harry. Draco was searching his mind for people who were a year older than Dehlia, male, Slytherin, and knew his parents, but he could only think of one person. While, Hermione listened into the lesson, but her marvellous mind working its way through pages of books, looking for a familiar name to go with Prince.