Chapter Five- Waking up

Monday morning came like any other one for Severus, expect it didn't. He was just normally asleep, his alarm went off at six AM and his eyes blurred open, but instead of the ceiling of his four-poster bed meeting his first sight that morning, six girls did.

"Good morning Sev!" Were his sisters trying to give him a heart attack? Severus jumped, startled by the loud noise that blasted into his ears. He sat up in bed, all six of his sisters were on his bed knelling on top of the covers, clearing waiting to scare him like that.

"What? What are you doing?" Severus pulled himself together from the shock of his surprise awakening. He sat up in bed, pulling his hair out of his face and rubbing his eyes so he could see clearer.

"Waiting until you wake up so we can scare you" Daphne said.

"I can see that. Why are you all dressed already?" he asked. Albus had suggested that to fit in, Severus's sisters wear some wizarding clothes. After the tour, Severus had snuck down to Hogsmeade with Diana, who knew all about what the girls would want to wear, and brought an outfit for each of them. Severus swung his legs out of bed and stood up to examine them.

Delia (I am changing her name to Dehlia) wore her usual colour, a dark orange long hooded cloak that trailed down onto the floor, and a slightly lighter orange dress that also trialed the floor. The waist band was tight, and the folds of the dress sparked a darker orange. Her dark hair was up in her usual bun, she had insisted that she wore a small, sliver tiara to show people that she was the oldest sister after Severus being the oldest brother.

Diana, of course, had the most beautiful purple dress on, it was similar to Delia's, a long dark purple cloak and a lighter purple dress with folds, but it had adorned frills that were sliver, matching a pearled headband that sat upon her neatly plated ebony hair. She wore other jewellery as well, all sliver; like a necklace and ring, her makeup was sliver as well; not too strong eyeshadow and tinted mascara.

Next to her was Daniella with her hair in her signature high ponytail and a beaded hair band to keep it in place. She wore a particularly low cut yellow dress with a tight waist band, it had the odd sparkle of glitter and a long dark yellow cloak. Severus for one did not approve of this look, he still thought of all of his sisters as children, and he definitely did not like how Diana and Draco had an attachment to each other, even though they had only seen each other once.

Daphne, as always, was already bouncing on Severus bed, her royal blue cloak flying up along with her sky blue dress and sapphire diamond earrings and headband. Her hair was up in a ponytail like Daniella's.

Dawn's hair flopped over her eye like it always did. Her dress was red and soft, making her look warm and comfortable. A blood red cloak with a velveted hood fell around her shoulders. She had always been shy, but had also always settled into every home, Severus knew it had only been a couple of days since she arrived, but he was starting to wonder if something was wrong. He would ask her later when they were alone. Dawn had confidence in her, she use to be less shy when their parents were alive, and she wasn't scarred being around her siblings, but something was different, Severus just couldn't put his finger on it.

Last, Donna wore wore a night lilac coloured cloak and a light lilac dress. Her hair was done up... creatively as always. Severus could see that his list of 'Keep Daniella away from Malfoy' he needed to add a 'Keep Donna away from the Weasley twins.'

"We're dressed because on the tour with Headmaster Albus yesterday we saw a huge lake and we want to go and visit it, we thought it would be fun" said Daphne.

"Daph, get down from there. Delia, did you forget? I'm working today, I have lessons to teach, we won't be able to visit the lake unit next weekend." Severus.

"What no!" said Daphne

"I'm sorry girls, but this was the plan" Severus said. "Have you eaten?"

"Yes" said Delia.

"Okay, well let me get dressed and eat, then I can find something for you all to do. After that I need to go to my lesson" said Severus.

"Can we come with you?" asked Dawn.

"No sweetie" Severus replied. "Remember, no disrupting the students. But after, we can play games, go on a walk-"

"No way, I am not going on a walk" said Diana.

"Fine, then-"

"Can we eat with the school tonight?" asked Daniella.

"Really?" said Severus. He hadn't thought that they would want to do that, they were adults after all, why waste time on watching children eat? When they all nodded, even Dawn gave a little nod, Severus said...

"Okay then."

A little while later Severus was up and dressed, he had eaten and was walking to the potions lab to set up. He had said goodbye to his sisters, then he had had to turn around more than once to tell them to stop following him. Once he reached the classroom, he could finally relax.

xxx

"No Longbottom, at least try!" Snape said to Neville as the boy went pale and tried to answer the question. "Potter! Let's see if you were listening."

"Well... the um... green stuff-" Harry began.

"I don't even want to hear the end of that sentence, Mr Potter."

It was the last lesson of the day and the worst class of the day. Potter and Malory's year, whatever idiot put Slytherins and Gryffindors in the same class really didn't have a brain. Severus was just about to shout yet again at Granger who did not seem to be able to keep her hand down for a second, when there was a noise at the back of the classroom. The great wooden door opened and a head with soft black hair popped inside the classroom. Everyone looked at the unexpected visitor strangely, only Severus knew who is was. What could have possibly caused Dawn to pluck up the courage to come here?