"I love you princess."

"I love you too my sweet prince." I said rolling over on my side to face him. I rested my head on his chest as he swung his arm over my tired body and laid it to rest on my arm. Our fingers interlocked and we drifted off to sleep.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

We were awoken the following morning by my alarm. It was Saturday and we didn't have a shift today. Although we didn't have a shift, we got up anyways and got dressed. We decided we would go pick up Christopher and take him to breakfast near Santa Monica pier.

We got our clothes on and I went to brush my teeth and put my hair in a messy low ponytail. I put on my white Convers with my Jeans and a White sweater. I completed my look with a white beanie as I grabbed my phone off the charger and made my way outside and too Eddie's car with him by my side.

We drove back to his place and picked up a sleepy, but ready, Christopher and drove to the pier to have breakfast. We stopped by a little diner right across from the beach. We walked inside and ordered pancakes and bacon for each of us and a coffee for me and Eddie. Obviously since Christopher was only 8, he got juice. We sat there for an hour joking around and bursting into little fits of laughter.

For a kid who has been through so much, he was so happy. I'm glad I have these two wonderful boys in my life because they make me smile on a daily basis.

We finished out breakfast and I insisted I paid but Eddie refused. I even tried to get him to let me at least pay for my meal but even then, he refused. Why did I have to fall in love with such a gentleman. Yeah like all couples, we had our ups and downs, but it was all worth it.

We left the diner and walked across the street to the pier. We played some games and Christopher won a giant Teddy Bear. Eddie and I just laughed and we all took some pictures.

Eddie's POV:

Val and I had sex for the first time since our relationship began. I couldn't be happier when I thought about how my life was going.

Val and I woke up this morning and went to pick up Christopher. We took him to a small diner across from the beach. The entire breakfast the three of us were smiling. It made my heart melt when I saw how good Val was with Christopher because I hadn't seen him this happy since Shannon left.

I explained to Val how Shannon and I were done. She trusted me and I was extremely grateful for that. I was hoping to ask her for a divorce after she signed the papers for Christopher to be transferred to his new school. She would be coming next week and to be honest I was nervous to see her again. After all, it had been two years.

I wanted to get this over with though so that in another six months to a year, I am going to ask Val to marry me. I talked to Christopher about asking Val to move in and how he would feel, and he was ecstatic which just made me even happier. I loved the two people sitting at the table with me with more than words can express.

I was planning to ask her to move in whenever the divorce was finalized which would hopefully be sooner rather than later.

We left the diner and walked across the street to the pier. We spent the morning playing games and we also rode a couple rides. Christopher ended up winning a giant teddy bear so that was a blast to carry around with us.

The entire morning a smile never left his face or Val's. After a while of playing games and riding rides, we decided to take a seat on a bench and take pictures.

As we left, we got ice cream and drove back to my house for lunch. Val helped make some pasta while Christopher made some salad. We sat and ate until we finished. We spent the rest of the day playing some video games. It was a blast watching Christopher beat Val at everything even though I knew she wasn't trying.

When it came to her and I playing against each other, she absolutely murdered me. I looked at her with a smirk on her face and called for a rematch which she happily accepted. She still found a way to beat me though.

It was starting to get pretty late and Val said she had to leave. I offered her a ride but since her apartment was only about six blocks away, she decided to walk.

I kissed her goodbye as she walked out the door.

I went off to bed soon after but I still couldn't help but lay in bed for an hour thinking about her. I truly did lobe that girl even more than I could say. And I'm so happy that Christopher does as well. The two had definitely bonded over the past couple months and I couldn't be more proud. I eventually fell asleep happier then I had been for 2 years.

A/N: So the past two chapters had mainly been about Eddie and Val. The next chapters are going to have that incorporated but not son siting only that so they will be back working at the 118. I also have some drama planned for when Shannon comes back.... Anyways regarding the smut, I apologize if it's terrible. It's my first time writing smut so it was pretty awkward. Anyways have a good rest of the day luvs. -Matilda.