When Sydney returned to her desk, I told her about the call I had with William. She looked shocked for a second before she squealed in excitement. It caught the attention of most of our co-workers, who eyed us with disbelief. It made both of us chuckle in response.

When lunch came around, Sydney looked too eager as we both walked towards the elevator. I felt a little amused yet shy by her mood.

"Is there something good happening between you two? You looked like you just won something," Ally stated as she walked out of the lift, stopping us for a second.

"Ms. Coleman. Good afternoon," Sydney dropped the huge smile on her face, nodding towards Ally in greeting.

Because of her sudden appearance, Sydney and I missed the lift. Before greeting her, I pressed the call button again.

"We are heading out for a special lunch at a restaurant today," I replied to her question while a smirk tugged the end of my lips.

Ally raised an eyebrow at me in question as she processed my words. Then a small secret smile broke her calm expression. "I see. Well, enjoy, and be careful with swarming bees," she stated with a chuckle as she continued walking towards the direction of her office.

I couldn't help chuckling at the meaning of her words. She understood that we were meeting William for lunch, and it was likely that the paparazzi would be spying.

When Ally was beyond hearing range, Sydney turned to me and smiled again. "I still couldn't believe that you and the editor are friendly with each other. It's not like I'm scared of the woman, but she's our boss, you know," she said a little seriously.

"We used to be neighbors before I got this job. She's really nice once you get to know her away from her professional persona."

When the elevator opened, we got in the lift without hesitation. Sydney started chatting with me, asking me some random things about William without mentioning his name. One of the reasons she earned my trust was because she understood the grounds of someone's secret. She respected their privacy, and she doesn't pry much about it unless you are willing too. Though she would ask a lot, it was for her own gain. She doesn't like being kept in the dark.

I doubted her at first, but she never did anything that was doubtful. She always stayed true to her words, and she was very blunt like me. It kept things real in our relationship.

Once we reached the lobby of the company building, I was about to give William a call when he beat me to it.

"Are you done with your work? We are already outside," he asked after I placed the phone on my ears.

"Yes. We are downstairs. Where did you park the car?" I asked a little lax.

"We are in front of the building," he replied just when I saw the familiar black SUV parked outside the door.

I hissed at his reply and quickly ended the call without a proper goodbye. I grabbed Sydney's wrist and pulled her towards the exit. "He's outside," I said aloud to explain my hastened action.

"He's already here? Wow, he's fast," Sydney commented as she allowed me to drag her outside.

When we got to the car, I roughly opened the door and jumped in quickly. I didn't greet him and turned around to see Sydney got in behind me and closed the door.

"I'm sorry for intruding on your lunch date, Mr. Maxwell. Andy offered, and I can't refuse a free lunch. It is free, right?" Sydney spoke up first, making me turn towards William, who was seated on my left side.

"It's free, Ms. Clark, and I'm glad you could join us. I always wanted to meet Andy's new friend," he replied with a small smile as he addressed my friend coolly.