Chapter 8 "Confessions"

“Aah..I didn't expect to meet all of you you here” Jin Guangyao said and smiled. “I know you must be wondering why I am here right now. And why I was missing these past few weeks. Today I will explain everything and I hope that all of you will understand.”

Jiang Cheng glanced at Xichen again. Wei Wuxian stood there with Lan Wangji waiting for Guangyao to start explaining. “That day I found out about my arranged marriage..I couldn't accept it. I tried to think of a plan to escape...I figured that this was the only way.”

After hearing that Jiang Cheng turned to Xichen and asked. He couldn't help but frown. “Why didn't you tell us? We kept looking for him for a few weeks already. We kept looking only to find out that he was actually here?”. Jin Guangyao tried to explain immediately. “Sect Leader Jiang, I was the one who begged brother Xichen to keep my whereabouts a secret. Please don't get angry at brother Xichen.”

Jiang Cheng tried to calm himself down. ‘Of course he would keep it a secret...the person he loves begged him not to tell anyone so how could he?’ Wei Wuxian stepped forward and said. “I see..so Sect Leader Jin is trying to escape his marriage. But what is Sect Leader Nie doing here?”
Jin Guangyao did not say anything. Everyone was quiet.

Nie Mingjue finally spoke.“Earlier, I spoke with my sworn brothers. In the future, you will not have to call me Sect Leader Nie anymore.” He smiled at Jin Guangyao. “Were planning to get married. I want to spend the rest of my life with him.”

The three, once again received a shock. Getting Married!? They definitely did not expect this. Jiang Cheng glanced at Xichen. “ You knew about this?”

After the string of shocking revelations, the three quickly recovered from the shock. The two couples left. Leaving only Lan Xichen and Jiang Cheng together.

“That day you confessed to him...”Jiang Cheng wanted to ask Xichen about this. “Aah that...If you're wondering what happened I will gladly explain it to you.” Xichen said with a smile.

“I confessed to him..but he rejected me. He also told me about his situation. So I did what I could to help him.” after Xichen said this he smiled again. ‘Aah...how sad’ Jiang Cheng thought as he remembered how the other prepared himself to confess only to be rejected.