Chapter 1: Look Alive Sunshine

        The fires of 2012 and the Analog Wars brought much devastation to the people of the past World. That was when Better Living Industries raised from the dust and conquered the lands. The new utopia society, Battery City, was established  and many people flocked there to avoid any trouble and dangers caused after the mass destruction of Earth. BL/I sold themselves as a safe haven, a place of rebirth and just a city to be happy and to "Have a better day". But most of those outside of the city, known as rebels knew Battery City was no place of safety. Not only was your individuality stripped from you, but your thoughts, dreams, and memories were taken away. This lead the people to think that a 'Better Tomorrow' was always insight, though most were oblivious to the evil secret the city kept hidden. It was all a scam and a cruel trap.You'd either be given the choice to reform or die. To keep smiling or to be in your grave. The world was fucked up, and a little light in the desert was the only thing keeping the faith of humanity alive. That tiny spark of rebellion, raging the ultimate fire against Battery City and Better Living Industries.

        Surrounding Battery City was the long, never ending deserts in which the rebels resided. Divided up into 6 zones, rebels all around California fought against BL/Industries and learned to live outside the walls and restrictions. It was a struggle to find supplies, but the rebels of the deserts adapted and knew the ways of the zones. Some rebels were good, some were bad and some just were there to survive. But all of the rebels had one thing in common; they all despised Battery City and the forces of Better Living Industries. They were willing to tear that civilization apart, piece by piece.  But who would lead the rebels to freedom? Out of the shadows formed a group,  known as the Fabulous Killjoys. Four boys sworn to protect and born to kill. They would do anything for their right to be free and Art was their weapon as they ran zone to zone fighting Better Living Industries and taking back the lives Battery City had stole.
                                                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        The sun rose on the desert, the cool air blew the sand across the zones and a new day had begun. Most of the rebels were asleep, only one was awake, his name was Dr. Death Defying. Dr. D, for short, had been a rebel of the desert for many years. He had a shaggy appearance, for he had semi long black hair and a scruffy beard. A bandanna wrapped around his head and he wore sunglasses to protect himself from the violent rays of the desert.   He had lost his legs in the wars, leaving this rebel in a wheelchair. Dr. D may had been left handicap, but that did not mean he would stop fighting with the rebels.  He slipped on his jacket and pinned on his 'killjoy' pin. He put on his boots and was ready to take on the day.  Death Defying slumped in his chair and sipped his morning coffee as he rolled in to the bright recording room.The Recording Room was a small square wiht many windows boarded up by wooden planks covered in graffiti. This was the place where Dr. D recorded and broadcast his pirate radio show. This show was aired all over the airways of the Zones in the desert which gave updates throughout the day. He was the eyes and ears of the sky and many rebels relied on him for information on where to go or avoid each day.  His records and trash scattered  and tiny tinker toys laid around the room. He had to be careful where he went, he didn't want to run over any of his precious items.

        He sat at his desk. A bunch of pointless junk was piled all around his work space. Papers were spread out all around. A DJ turntable to his right, a day old container of white rice and noodles to his left and a microphone centered.  Dr. Death Defying leaned towards his microphone and reached for a button under the left corner of his desk. A light lit up on the wall next to him in big letters read "ON AIR" in his raspy voice, Dr. D announced the morning wake up call for all 6 zones to hear loud and clear. 

"Look Alive Sunshine"