Chapter 36 "Never letting go"

Start from the beginning

We play round after round. We had heard Frgoan call for dinner but didn't go. The two of us had fun just where we were. And to my not surprise, (y/n) had made some sandwiches that she keept in the littel space in the wall. So we just ate those as we didn't feel like going to dinner. When we finally got bored of playing chess we took a book each and decided to say a number to the other and open that side of the book. The first and last sentence on that side was your 'future'. We had some good laughs here and there as we tried to come up with what it could man each others futures. Then we just decide to read the third book or more like me reading it out loud for (y/n) while she had her feet in my lap and just listened. It was so calm and nice to just hand out the two of us. The best being that non eof the boys had the will power to try and find us.
Not much later the sky started to darken as the sun stared to set. We sat there in silence and watched the sunset. It was just that perfect timing where the sun hit the glade and gave of a golden shade. I turned and looked at (y/n), she had a smile on her lips. Looking out through the vines. The sun hit through the vines and hit her face, making it light up her features. Just like the bonfire usally did. It was peaceful, and at that moment I was happy she found me that day. Because if she didn't,  I wouldn't be here to live this beautiful moment.
----

Newt walked down the sandy beach by safe haven. Looking over the waves that crashed in. The laughter and music that was playing from a radio on full volume came from the camp. In the distance you could see the ship that they've taken there, some small lights lighting up the ship. The grass swayed back and forth from the constant breeze. Newt smiled at the memories that came flooding back in his memory. Memories of dancing around the bonfire back in the glade, you getting chased for letting a chicken out once and running away with it. The bad and the good. Memories of all his friends and especially you going through his mind. In the distance he saw a figure. Walking down the beach towards him. Newt sighed, thinking it was Thomas or Minho.
"If it's any of you Minho or Thomas just go! I wanna be alone!" He yelled at the figure.
"I thought you'd be a tad bit happier to see me!" You yelled at him, as the figure was you. When he recognized the voice he looked up at the figure. It approached him and soon enough he could see the familiar face. He looked at you shocked. You walked closer.
"The others said you was here Newtie." You smiled at him sheepishly. You stopped not far but a bit from him. Newt eyes were wide, mouth moving like he tried to make out some words but no being able to. His eyes watered.
"H-How? Are.. you e-even real?" He stuttered as tears started to fall down his cheeks.
"As real as I've always been." You said softly.

Without a warning Newt threw himself at you. You fell to the ground, hitting he sand. He hugged you close. He was shaking slightly, making you heart swell with pain. You hugged him close. Not saying a word until you noticed some sobs and quiet whimpers coming from Newt.
"No, no don't cry... shhh.. it's fine..." You said in a soft voice. He sat up, you also sitting up. Newt looked at the ground. You lifted his chin up, giving him a sad smile.
"I'm sorry.." You told him. He reached out and put his hands on either side of your face. As if he was testing out if you were real. When he felt the warmth in your skin he couldn't help but cry even more. You pulled him in for another hug. You softly rubbed up and down his back.
"You're really h-here.." He smiled through the tears. You hummed in response. Newt pulled back as his tears had stopped falling. His brown eyes were red from tears and cheeks had tear stains.
"I'm never letting go of you again... never!" He leaned his forehead against yours. The two of you closed your eyes, Newt let out a littel laugh of happiness. Making you smile. You opened your eyes and looked at Newt, you just missed him. He opened his eyes and met yours, stroking your cheek. His eyes keept flickering down to your lips, he was unsure and you noticed.
"It's not like we haven't kissed before!" You laughed and pressed your lips against Newt's. He smiled into the kiss, your lips were soft and he enjoyed the familiar feeling. The kiss was filled with need and emotions. You moved your hands around his neck and pulled him in closer. As Newt parted his lips to deepen the kiss he pulled you on his lap. The two of you stayed like that sitting in the sand until you felt something good clod. Parting the two of you looked down to feel that some of the water from the ocean had hit in and reached the two of you. You looked at Newt, him turning to you before the two of you started laughing.
"I wanna met the others.." You looked at Newt. He smiled, his arms around your waist as you sat on your knees. He moved some hair out your face, smiling warmly at you.
"They don't know?" He asked, you shook your head.
"Only Vince, Harriet and Jorge knows I'm back."
"Then I guess you wanna go reunite with the family?" He asked you, you smiled brightly. That was how you saw all of you, a family.

You were amazed when you looked around at the safe haven. Everyone was laughing and having a good time. You held Newt's hand while looking for the others. The first one catching your eyes was Aris.
"Aris!" You called for him. He looked around confused at your voice and when he spotted you he ran up to you. Newt let you go as you embraced your brother in a hug.
"I thought you were dead!" He slapped your shoulder as you let go. You only smiled. You ruffled up his hair, him dodging to 'save' his hair. A blond girl suddenly appeared in behind him. You smiled.
"(y/n)?" She asked you. You nodded and hugged Sonya too as she came up to you.
You then met Brenda, Frypan and Thomas. Hugging all of them and earning a scolding of Brenda to never scare her like that again. Newt watching as you smiled and were happy about meting everyone again. Then it was only Minho and Gally was left.
You held onto Newt as you walked with him behind Frypan, Brenda and Thomas. Not wanting to be the first thing they saw. Newt gave you a reassuring smile.
"Guys?" Thomas said as he walked up to Minho and Gally. The two looked up.
"Yeah shank?" Minho smiled. Gally chuckling a littel.
"I think someone here wants to say hi!" Brenda said happily and stepped aside. Reveling you, Newt let go of your hand. The two of them froze in place. You smiled sheepishly once again at them.
"You, you.." Gally stood up and wrapped you in a hug. "Stupid shank, I thought you died." He hugged you close. You smiled and hugged him back. It was a long time since you properly hugged him like this, so it felt nice. He released you from the hug. When  he stepped aside so you saw him he looked you up and down. Before he smiled softly and gave you a tight hug.

A/N:
You're reunited with the rest yay ♡
Don't know if this chapter is good or nah, what do you think?