Chapter Eleven

Phil’s POV

Adrian’s been quiet ever since she and Bru got back. That’s not like her. I wonder what actually happened in that cave. Hmmm. I elbow her gently in the arm and she lifts her head up. I give her ‘I know something’s bothering you stare’. In the room she mouths facing forward again. I can’t help but chuckle a bit. Figures there was more to the story than what Bru had said.

We get to the tavern and it’s a cute little small place complete with a restaurant, few rooms, big lounge with a fire place, and Pool/spa. I grab both our bags from the back of the jeep and Adrian handles G. Since Marisa hates him, he’s bunking with us because Adrian refused to have him stay in the car for the night. The guide hands me our room key and we set off to find the room. We’re on the second floor.

Opening the door I quickly examine the room. No tv, a dresser against the far wall, a large queen bed in the center, small closet and a connecting bathroom. We look at each other and say, “could be worse.” I set the luggage on the bed as Adrian makes a b-line straight for the bathroom, G following close behind her. I hear her turn on the shower as I shrug off my coat and lay down on the bed.

*knock,knock* 
“Phil did you order room service already?,” calls Adrian laughing from the bathroom. I bust out laughing. She’s back.

“No maybe it’s maintenance coming to complain that you’re using all the hot water.” I shout back as I open the door. It’s Bru.

"Hey man just wanted to see if you and Adrian, wanted to grab a bite at the restaurant. I’m starving." He says putting his hands in his front pockets. I notice he’s looking over my shoulder into the room. So I casually close the door a bit before responding.

"I’m sorry bro. We decided to just stay in and just order room service since its been along day." Hate lying to him, but I have a feeling Adrian would have done the same. He tries to hid the disappointment by saying no problem, but it’s me I can tell when he’s lying. I place my hand on his shoulder and give it a gentle squeeze. "You’ll see her in the morning. Goodnight." I say giving him a reassuring grin. He returns it and heads downstairs.

I let out a sigh and close the door.

"So who was it" says Adrian walking out in only a towel. I notice her hair is still dry so she hasn’t showered yet.

"Bru." I say throwing myself on the bed again. From the way her cheeks are redding I’m guessing right now is the time to start my interrogation. "So what really did happen today?" I say propping myself up against the head board.

"You heard what Bru said. I fell and he helped me back." She says quickly as she searches through her bag.

"Adrian look at me."

She throws her sweats down dramatically and glares at me. I got her right where I want her. ” That’s bullshit. What happened?” I repeat.

She bites down on her lip nervously,”We kinda made out and things went a little too far. Happy.” She spits out.

"A little?" I laugh so hard I fall off the bed. Even G barks a few times.

"Phil and Geronimo! What the fuck it’s not that funny." she says angrily.

G puts his head down and whines apologizing.Me I just keep laughing.”Maybe not, but my boy finally made a move. I thought you would’ve killed him. Is he that good?” I say giving her a wink.

She just rolls her eyes and stomps back, G following close behind, into the bathroom slamming the door.

"Awe, come on Adrian. I’m sorry. I promise I won’t laugh again."

"Bullshit!" She yells over the water.

"What did you expect? Me to be shocked? Come on I can cut the sexual tension that’s been going on with you two lately with a knife." I say getting up from the floor. Brushing myself off I notice she left her clothes on top of her duffle bag. Looks like someone’s needs to come out. I pick up her clothes, there simple black soccer sweats and a tank top, but with also a matching set of lacy panties and bra. I wonder. Bad Phil this is your friend and she’s already with Bru sort of I think to myself. Shaking my head I walk over to the bathroom.

Knock, knock*

"Go away Phil."

"Fine looks like you’re gonna be staying in a towel all night then." She opens the door with a scowl on her face. "Come on don’t be like that. It’s me. I’m always gonna bust your balls. Even though you don’t actually have any." I say giving the cheesiest smile I can manage.

I can tell she holding back a laugh so I raise my eyebrows and widen my eyes. She finally cracks. Putting her hand over her mouth letting out a giggle.

"You know I hate you."

"Yea, but you love your clothes more." I hold out her panties and sweats. She snatches them quickly and changes into them.

"Come help me put on that medicine on my back." She says opening the door wider.

I walk in. You can tell the money was put into here with a tub big enough for two, a walk in shower with a waterfall style shower head, expensive tile and sink counter top. I notice G is curled up in the corner covered in a towel. Poor dude even he’s exhausted. Adrian’s leaning against the sink in front of the mirror with her arms covering her chest. I come closer to her and finally see what so bad. “Omg its so disgusting” I say in mock horror.

"Shut up it’s not that bad just a few scratches." She says shrugging her shoulders.

"Next time you two need to find a smoother surface," I say grabbing the tube of medicine from the sink and place a small amount on my hands. I start from her shoulder blades and slowly make my way down her body. Making sure to cover everything. She closes her eyes as my hands touch her lower back. "Feeling better baby," I whisper softly against her ear. I breathe lightly against her skin causing her whole body to shiver.

"Yes. I am thank you for helping me." She says blushing. I want to say more to her, but I’m just so nervous that I’m afraid I’ll say the wrong thing. There’s always tomorrow.