☾ seventy ☾

Looking out the window, I could see a long queue of carriages from the gate.

'It's been a long time since I've been here.'

Since I was conscious of my past life, I haven't come near the palace at all, so it's been almost six months.

Although it was a building full of bad memories, the palace was very grand and beautiful, just like the Imperial Emperor's residence.

'When I was a kid, I wanted to live here. I was immature.'

I glanced at my father and turned my eyes to look out of the window.

'I've given up on that idea since I was rejected after visiting my father.' [1]

Come to think of it, if you want to live here, you're either at the Crown Prince's mercy or a maid of honor, both of which are crazy ideas.

'I'm glad I gave up early.'

I thought so for a moment, but it suddenly occurred to me that it was the Princess who was in charge of this banquet.

'Will the Princess be attending the banquet today?'

No, it's highly unlikely that she would attend today's banquet.

Her Coming-of-Age-Ceremony is in two weeks.

The once in a lifetime celebration in society is considered very important.

So many aristocrats think about how to stand out on that day.

Such an important event will be held in two weeks.

There was no reason for her to attend a banquet for her half-brother whom she currently had a bad relationship with.

Also her face has never been shown in high society yet.

'I'll be seeing the Princess in two weeks, so it'll be okay.'

The Princess was also a person I wanted to avoid, but I didn't think much about it right now.

Unless I make a fuss, there will be no collision with the Princess.

'The problem is the Crown Prince.'

The nobles with titles are obliged to go, so the banquet hall must be crowded.

It will also be hard to get out of my father's sight.

'I have to find a way somehow.'

As I was thinking about how to get away from the banquet hall today, my father spoke up.

"Don't worry too much."

My father's voice sounded warm.

I stared at him in amazement.

'What is he trying to say?'

But then my father said the next words with a wonderful smile on his lips, in the midst of the ominousness.

"You'll be the only one in the eyes of the Crown Prince."

I was sure he'd say something about the Crown Prince.

But I didn't know how to rub my snobbish innermost thoughts to him.

'You're so mean, aren't you? I have a very tender lover!'

Even though it's a contractual relationship, my father thinks he and I are really dating.

However, it was uncomfortable to mention the Crown Prince.