༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

- Louis also avoided you. The scene from before kept replaying in his head and each time he felt worse. He couldn't sleep without you, and he started to overwork himself again, putting more pressure on himself than he ever had.

- William was also there to help Louis. He tried to help Louis accept these feelings, because to William it was evident that Louis still loved you, he was just scared of the emotions, and instead of facing them, Louis decided to ignore them.

- It pained Louis to see you so rarely. He never smiled anymore either. He just felt more alone and more empty. He hated himself for being such a coward, but he knew he wasn't ready to face these feelings.

- I'm sorry that I'm so weak, (y/n). You deserve better, you deserve someone who can love you to the fullest. I can barely even hold your hand, let alone kiss you. You deserve much better than me, (y/n). 

- A few weeks later, you were attending another party

- A few weeks later, you were attending another party. You plastered a fake smile on your face as you tried to get along with your new suitor. As soon as your parents found out that you stopped seeing Albert, they just paired you with someone else as soon as possible.

- You were disgusted by this nobleman who was now your new potential future husband, but you had no choice but to agree to what your family asked of you.

- In all honesty, you missed Albert and you didn't want to even imagine yourself getting married to anyone except for him. You just wished you could go back and fix everything you messed up.

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

- Albert was attending that same boring party, wishing he was anywhere but here. He was pretending to be interested in the conversation he was currently having with an older noble, but in reality, he couldn't care less.

- After that night with you, after telling you that he was working with the Lord of Crimes, he hadn't heard from you, and he supposed that you decided you didn't want to be involved with him anymore.

- Albert hadn't felt the same after. As much as he hated them, parties like these were a good distraction for him. It gave him something else to think about, because he could never seem to stop thinking about you.

- It was at that party that he saw you again. He wasn't expecting to see you at all. He saw you with that other noble. You were laughing at the man, smiling at him as he bowed down to kiss your hand. He just watched sadly as you were introducing that new man to your parents.

- So, I see she found someone new. I wonder if she's happy now... I guess it really is over between us.