Chapter 14: The Perfect Romance

Start from the beginning

"Gentlemen, there is no doubt that you two are doing an amazing job, but my daughter-in-law is experiencing some physical discomfort. Do you mind if we ask for two women to come and tend to us? A softer touch may help her feel better," Lana politely requested.

Janessa sat up somewhat confused. What were they talking about? Where were the masseuses going? She watched them nod in understanding and finally leave the room. Lana offered her a soft smile as she sat beside her and gently squeezed her hand. "Janessa, you don't have to say anything unless you want to, but just know that I understand. I'm sorry for putting you in a tough spot."

Her bottom lip quivered as their eyes met. Before she could stop herself, she was boohooing in Lana's arms and allowing her to pat her back. "Thank you."

The door to their room opened revealing two female massage therapists. Janessa stretched out once more on the massage table determined to have a good time with Lana. The unease she first experienced was gone and she was able to enjoy the experience with Lana. Once their hour was up, they both had a seaweed aloe vera wrap applied to their arms and legs while they napped for thirty minutes.

"Sweetheart, it's time to wake up," Lana whispered, patting her back again. She smiled at how angelic Janessa appeared. Maybe she should let her sleep a little longer.

Janessa stretched herself awake and greeted her friend with a soft sigh. "I needed that." It felt good to fall asleep naturally without the help of an episode.

"Everyone should experience a day of pampering," Lana agreed. We're going to get this seaweed wrap removed and then head to the sauna. Once we're done, we'll do our facials and grab a bite to eat."

"Sounds like a plan."

"Will you stop practicing and come get some food," Raymond begged Leslie for the umpteenth time.

Frustrated, Leslie's hands dropped down to his sides before he completely lifted his head in his companion's direction. "Why do you insist on torturing me?"

Despite his comment, Leslie followed Raymond into the kitchen where they ate honey glazed wings, fresh-baked yeast rolls, and crisp celery and carrots with a ranch dip. His empty stomach sang out in approval, but he remained quiet, intent on eating his food before Ray said anything. He wasn't sure, but he felt like he was being watched.

Raymond's eyes continuously wandered to Leslie waiting for him to spark up a conversation that never happened. "Fine, since you insist," he started, slapping the kitchen table.

"Huh?"

"Are you ready for your date tomorrow?"

Leslie chuckled, "Yea, more than ready. You've helped me choose a nice venue and an outfit. Thank you."

"No need to thank me," Raymond waved him off. "It was fun hanging out with you. Plus, I promised to take you to my home boy's restaurant. I won't be going with you, but this way I've kept my word and you'll have the pleasure of eating great food with a beautiful woman."

His cheeks flushed thinking about having an intimate dinner with Janessa. "She is quite beautiful, isn't she?"

Raymond like the dreamy look in his friend's eyes; for some reason it made him feel all bubbly inside. "Yea, you two make a nice couple." Leslie snorted his disbelief and rolled his eyes. "I'm dead serious!"

"Whatever," he muttered, polishing off another wing before gulping down a large drink of cold water.

"Leslie, do you not know how attractive you are? Janessa complains about all of the women who throw themselves at you all the time."