Chapter 12

"...Harry!"

Harry grimaced and wiggled further under his blankets.

"There you are. Up you get!"

Hands jerked the pillow out from under his head. Harry startled awake, blinking blearily into the light just in time to see his pillow come smacking back onto his face. Harry spluttered, grasping after the pillow before it could be pulled away and hit him again. Not fast enough, unfortunately.

The pillow smacked into his face again, along with an obnoxious giggle.

Harry grabbed the pillow and threw it blindly in the sound of the giggle, "Ginny!"

Ginny effortlessly snatched the pillow out of the air with a grin Harry could make out even without his glasses.

"What the fuck?!" Harry said, flailing blindly for his glasses with one hand, the other hand held up for pillow defence.

"Mum sent me to make sure you weren't dead," Ginny said.

"What?" Harry said, his brain still groggy and thrumming with an undercurrent of a headache.

"It's sunday? You said you'd be coming to dinner this week," Ginny said.

Harry fumbled his glasses on and scrubbed a hand through his hair. There was no one in the bed beside him. "Was there- Did you see anyone when you came in?"

"No?" Ginny raised an eyebrow with a growing grin, "Were you with someone? Did you get laid?"

Harry rolled his eyes.

"How long has it been? Holy shit!" Ginny laughed, looking around the room for evidence of another person.

"Shut up, Gin," Harry said.

"I'm so proud of you!" Ginny crowed.

"You're not my mum," Harry said, "And he's left already, so it's not exactly the best outcome."

"It's the middle of the afternoon, of course-" Ginny stopped abruptly, "He? As in, he?"

"Yeah?" Harry said.

Ginny blinked, "Since when are you into blokes?!"

"Since I found one I like?" Harry said with a shrug.

"Uuuuughhhhh!" Ginny groaned in frustration.

Harry laughed at her expression, "What?"

"I should have known! You are like the stereotype of the disaster Bi-"

"I am?" Harry said.

"Imagine all the obnoxious jokes we could have made! All the blokes I could have introduced you to-"

"You have terrible taste," Harry said.

"All the- the fuck I do!" Ginny broke off, "I have excellent taste."

Harry made a face.

"What that's supposed to mean?" Ginny glared at him.

"I'm not saying they aren't attractive, but even you have to admit that everyone you date is a bit odd," Harry said.

"That includes you," Ginny said.

"Yeah?" Harry said, "I am somewhat self-aware."

Ginny snorted and put her hands on her hips, "Are you going to get up anytime soon?"

"Not without pants, I'm not," Harry said.

"Nothing I haven't seen before," Ginny said.

Harry made a face, "Erm, no. That's was then, this is now, and now that's a bit weird, alright?"