CHAPTER 10: MORALE BOOST

Ron and Ginny were just outside the hospital wing when Harry emerged.

"Have you spoken to Hermione?" Ginny asked. "She should be out of the hospital wing in a few days, when she stops coughing up furballs. Y/N is staying with her until then." Harry told them.

Ron, Harry, and Ginny then heard water as they stepped down. The three rushed down the hall.

Inside they found the sinks running nonstop. Myrtle was scene crying in the window above the stalls.

"Come to throw something else at me?" Myrtle asked. "Why would I throw something at you?" Harry asked. "Don't ask me. Here I am, minding my own business and someone thinks it's funny to throw a book at me."

"But, it can't hurt if someone throws something at you, I mean it would just go right through you." Ron said. This had a bad effect, because Myrtle rushed over to him in rage.

"Oh sure, let's all throw books at Myrtle because she can't see it. Ten points if you get it through her stomach." She said and then put her arm through his stomach. "Fifty points if it goes through her head." She then repeated the process to his head.

"But who threw it at you anyway, Myrtle?" Harry asked. "I don't know, I didn't see them. I was just thinking about death, and it fell through the top of my head."

She pointed to a book near one of the stalls. Harry picked it up and took a look at it.

In the hospital wing, Hermione examined the book. "It's a diary, and it has a name in it." She said. Y/N looked at it. "Tom Marvolo Riddle." He said.

"Hang on, I know that name." Ron said. "From where?" Ginny asked. "The night I have detention. My job was to polish the trophies in the trophy room. I remember because I kept barfing up slugs on Tom Riddle's trophy."

"Do you remember what it was for?" Hermione asked. "Services to the school fifty years ago." Ron told them.

"That's when Malfoy said that the chamber was opened." Ginny reminded everyone. "That means he was here when it was opened last time." Y/N said. "If so then it's possible he wrote what he saw, or figured out what sort of creature lives in it." Hermione said.

"Brilliant theory you two, but there's a problem. There's nothing written in this diary." Harry said as he was showing them.

Later that night, Harry was sitting by himself in the Gryffindor common room examining the diary. The empty pages didn't do him any favors.

He then tried a test. He picked up a quill and dip it into some ink nearby. Before he could think of what to write a drop of ink landed on the page, then vanished.

Harry turned the page to make sure that it didn't bleed through, only to find it clean. He then wrote:

My name is Harry Potter.

The words vanished and new words appeared:

Hello Harry Potter, my name is Tom Riddle.

Once the words vanished, Harry wrote:

Do you know anything about the chamber of secrets?

The question vanished and a simple word appeared:

Yes

Harry's hopes went up and he wrote:

Can you tell me?