Chapter 15 pt 1 [SHORT]

Start from the beginning

Jamie came running up to me with a big pink bag in her hands. I could tell she was running late since she hadn't put any make up on.

Jamie: I'm so sorry I'm late! It was taking a while for me to find the outfit but this is what you'll be wearing tonight. I'm really proud of you already. I know you got this.

Me: I appreciate you. I didn't expect this many people to be here.

Jamie: well I did invite half of my design team and I passed out flyers to the people walking around campus earlier.

Me: you told them to come see me perform?

I said feeling a little thankful.

Jamie: no I told them to come see my outfits I made for the people acting.

She laughed and flipped her hair. I shook my head and looked in the bag for my outfit. She had a lot of compartments in here but I pulled out some overalls and a plaid shirt. My character was a country boy.

Jamie: Fantasy is on her way. You know it takes her forever to get dressed.

She gave me a wide grin and laughed a little.

Jamie: don't think I forget about your little crush either. How has it been going so far?

Me: I'm taking everything slow but I think she likes me. I was over her house the other night and I wanted to be straight up and tell her how I feel. But she still thinks of me as a big brother.

Jamie: that's just her cover up. Eventually, she'll see that you want her just as much as she wants you.

Fantasy POV

I took off my brown trench coat as I entered the backstage. There was a bunch of people running around changing clothes, putting on makeup, and rehearsing but I couldn't find the one person I was looking for. Rich. He told me to meet up with him before the play had begun. Honestly, I knew Rich was going to be nervous judging by the crowd out there. So it was my job to give him a pep talk. I eventually found him sitting down by Jamie talking. Smiling, I walked over to the two until they saw me and stood up.

Jamie: you look good girl. And by the way that dress is hugging on you it looks like someone been hitting it right!

She said giving my behind a light smack. I gave Jamie a playful push and hugged her. Jamie herself looked nice tonight too. I loved it when she decided she didn't want to wear makeup. Her natural face was beautiful and the small freckles on her face complimented her well. I remember when she felt insecure about them until she finally started to like them.

Me: Thank you, I wasn't expecting you back here.

Jamie: oh I was just giving some stuff to rich. I need to go find us a seat, I'll let you two talk.

She said looking at the both of us. I looked up at rich who was looking down at me in my dress. I could read the nervousness all over his face. Whenever he was like this he had a tendency to bite his lip. I touched the side of his face, stroking his cheek. I forgot I hadn't seen him since the last time he was in my dorm. I don't know what it was but it was this weird feeling I had about Rich.

Me: You look really nervous. Just remember when you're out there, picture yourself somewhere alone. Act like it's only me and Jamie. Pretend like you're on the basksetball court.

Rich: I'll try to remember that. I was all good until I saw the amount of people out there. If I mess up then the whole school sees.

Me: you won't, you got this. Try to find me out there, if it comes down to it I'll mouth the words to you.

I said laughing, he gave me a tight hug as I took in his embrace. He let go once his phone started to ring.

Rich: hold on, let me see who it is.

I stood back a little and watched him on the phone. He went from smiling to a slight frown. Something wasn't good. He looked back at me and hung up the phone. A sudden urge of panic rose on his face.

Me: Rich? Are you okay what's wrong?

Rich: my dad is in the hospital. He's in town right now I have to go see him. It's an emergency Fantasy. I have to go.

Me: I'm going with you.

Before I could help Rich find his car keys Shaun came in through the curtains with the same worried look Rich had on his face. He took a long glance at me but I paid no attention to him to see what he wanted. At first he looked like he was going to speak but the news he had seemed to be more important.

Shaun: Rich man, we have to leave. Come on let's get out of-

Before Shaun could finish his sentence, the sound of gunshots took over my ears and the screams of the people around me flooded the room. I instantly ducked down while Rich took my hand and led me out the back door. The gunshots got closer and closer but I didn't turn my back to see who it was. I was too scared, nervous, shook. I gripped onto Rich's arm for dear life.

What the hell is going on?

[ it's very short, yes I know. I did this because I'll be uploading part 2 of this chapter tomorrow! I wanted to leave you guys upset and angry. All the questions you have now will be answered in part two and it'll be way longer. So be patient! I just wanted to give you guys a little bit since I know I've been gone. So look out tomorrow because I will be uploading part 2 !! And I can't find someone to be Dalvin so I left his character unknown. ]