Chapter 11

"I'm sorry"

I didn't go to bed as planned, instead I asked Finn for another lesson. And so we stayed up all night till the morn came and that was when I decided to retire for bed.

**********Five hours later**********

After a much needed nap I woke up to the familiar noise of the school, I got down from bed and decided I was going to hang out with the grade alpha shifters today.

  ***************A/N***************
Grade alpha shifters are shifters who can turn into mythical beasts and increase their size of normal animals
               ******************

You're not done mastering your gift and you want to go around watching others master theirs. Finn said
Well I spent the night with you learning something. I shot at him
That was a trick, I'm talking about the real gift. He shot back
Urgh, fine. I replied in defeat
Good, now off to serenity.
"You're late, again" Professor Zach shot at me immediately I stepped into the class
"I'm sorry, it will not happen again" I replied with a grin trying to lighten him up
"Get seated already, you're interrupting" he shot without looking at me
I went to the back of the class and got into position and when I was balanced Finn came back and we began another lecture, I didn't know how long we took but when I opened my eyes the whole class was staring at me with confusion and wonder etched in their faces, I turn to the glass to look at myself and I see my hair is white and my whole body is a bit pale.
Welldone Kevin you've made an achievement, you can rest now. Finn said
And with that, a smile came to my face. I left the room with a beaming face, I'm sure I look like a cat that was just gifted a carton of catnip to last a year
How about you give it a spin ? Finn suggested when we got to the students lounge.
Sure thing, but not here, I wouldn't want to attract unnecessary attention. I rushed to my room, locked the door and sat on my bed, I closed my eyes once again and tried to concentrate on Bea, but then that would be an invasion of her privacy so I decided to look for Professor Kristean, it didn't take long for me to find him as it used to. And when I saw him he was with miss Tessa already.
I suppose he's back already Finn piped in
Yeah, I suppose. I rushed to get freshened and dressed.

             ******************

After a few minutes, I heard the Professor's familiar voice in my head asking me to meet him in the Dean's room. I rushed down to his office and when i got in it felt a bit awkward with the new man who looked like a beast that just got disturbed staring down at me.
"Uhm, hi ?" I asked with a wave in his direction.
"Who's the kid ?" He asked and ignored me like I didn't just send him a wave.
"He's Kevin". The Dean interjected
"Kevin meet Mr. Matthias, my dad" Miss Jacklyn said.
Wow, to say she looked like him was an offense, she was a carbon copy of him except for the masculine features.

**********(Clears throat)***********

I must have gotten distracted while looking at both father and daughter.
"Excuse me I'm sorry, I didn't get what you said"
"Don't you know not to interrupt when elders are speaking ?" Mr. Matthias asked
"Uhm, I'm sorry I thought......"
"Well you thought wrong boy"
Well I didn't expect that, now that I think of it, my presence isn't really needed here, I think I should just head back to my room.
Patience child, if Kristean called you then there must have been a reason
Ok, I suppose.
"Well let's get to work, I have other things to do" Mr. Matthias said, I presume he must have agreed to do it
"Follow me Kevin"
I followed Professor Kristean and Mr. Matthias till we reached were was apparently called the Cauldron wing, I still have no idea why it's called that.
"You are not to speak of this location to anyone who isn't a witch, this is the witches sanctuary and they won't like people with other gifts to walk around freely" The Professor explained and then I began to wonder, if the witches had a sanctuary then does it mean each group of gift has its own sanctuary ?
"Yes, they do and I suppose I won't have to explain to you what will happen if you decide to go into any of them" Professor Kristean answered.
Thanks for the reminder but I'm sure I didn't plan on going into another sanctuary.
Apparently this sanctuary was like a village for witches, it had a witch store where witches could go to get anything, a witch garden where herbs are grown and different other things. We headed to the garden and Mr. Matthias started to point things out and immediately I began to pick them up. After about half of an hour, we left there and came back to the Dean's office, when we got there one of the senior student was called and asked to follow Mr. Matthias so that she can assist him in refining the herbs we picked, before they left Mr. Matthias said something in another language to the Dean who in turn looked at the Professor and then I went unconscious.
And when I opened my eyes I was in a little cottage, I stood and stepped out of it in search of anybody, but when I got out I didn't see anything except a large field. And then I felt a presence beside me
"Beautiful, is it not ?"
"Yeah, it is" I replied and then turned to see who spoke, and then I saw a man in his late twenties"
"The name's Finn"
"Finn, as in the Finn I know ?" I asked in shock
"Yes, the one and only"
"Where am I, what happened, where's everyone ?"
"Well you for a start are in our hometown".