"I'm sorry I told them, I really didn't think this would happen," M.J said as the two of you got ready.

Shuri told you she would make sure you both got dresses you would like, which meant neither of you had a say in what you would wear. While it turned out she has a great sense of style, it felt so formal. Weird in comparison to the casual attire you normally would have. But you got dressed nonetheless, covering the scars on your arm with makeup.

M.J's dress and hair

Your dress + hair (Hair below dress picture and dress is in your favorite color)

Once you both were dressed, you linked your arms together and walked out, both feeling nothing but nervosity

Once you both were dressed, you linked your arms together and walked out, both feeling nothing but nervosity. But neither of you let it show and walked through the door to the ballroom with your heads high.

The ballroom was huge, massive. It was beautiful, modern yet fashionable old. How they had gotten it so festive in twenty-four hours was beyond you.

"Y/N!" Shuri called from across the room and you both walked over, trying your best to ignore the gazes on you.

"Shuri, don't you think you and your family went a bit overboard?"

"Maybe, but considering how gorgeous you look, I am not about to apologize," she said and you sighed, turning around and eyeing the room for Ned. He stood at the opposite side of the room, steadily making his way over to you three.

"You two look great, I don't think I've ever seen you wear a dress Y/N." he joked and you smiled.

"And I have never seen you in anything that isn't topped by a hoodie, yet here we are," you said and he chuckled, looking behind you and seeing Shuri.

"You look as beautiful as always." He had always had a playful flirting relationship, although you don't think either of them really likes each other that way.

"And you look handsome, as alw..." she got cut off by an explosion, coming from the wall furthest from you. You quickly twirled to grab both of your friends and look them in the eyes as you said;

"M.J, take Ned to my room and don't come out until I come over and tell you it's safe, understood?"

"What about you?" they asked in one mouth and you sighed.

"I've been through worse, now go!" they both hurried away and you turned to Shuri. "Could you alarm others, I have a feeling it is a small group so if we could surround them..."

"On it." she turned to leave, but stopped and grabbed your arm. "Be careful." you nodded with a small smile before grabbing the hem of your dress and holding it up slightly as you ran towards the hole in the wall.

"Let's have a ball, they said. It will be fun, they said."

1174 words

In comparison to the other ones, this one has action right away, which is interesting to write. What do you think about Ned and Shuri's relationship? Is that something you'd like to see as more than just stupid jokes?

- A/N