Eddie nodded. "According to police hypothesis he died after dinner, so may I ask where u were after dinner two days ago?"

"Of course, I had dinner, I took a long walk in the garden then I went to bed," William said.

"Can anyone clarify that?" I asked intervening.

William paused for a second. "Hmm, oh yes! I bumped into my sister on my way to my bedroom. She was just coming from the library."

Eddie nodded.

"Did anything happen at dinner?" I asked. William shook his head. No, I wasn't buying it. I looked closely and noticed William was starting to sweat. He began tapping his feet slowly then a lot more quicker.

I raised my eyebrow a little. "You sure?"

William nodded. "Positive." I acted like I just bought all that.

William wasn't telling us something about dinner. It involves him in away or maybe he is protecting someone.

"Who called the police?" Eddie asked weighing in.

William thought about it for a second. "Me, my sister, her husband, and the secretary, we were all at breakfast when we heard Valarie shouting. We went to see what the commotion was about. Valerie was taking my father his breakfast like always but he wasn't opening the door. After getting no answers, I forced the door down. There we found my father, on the floor a meter or two away from the door with a stab to his leg, laying there on a pool of his own blood. I ran and called the police immediately."

"Did you check his pulse?"

William nodded. "Oh yes, but there was no pulse. I tried so many times hoping for one, I had no luck."

"Sir? Did your father ever leave a will?" I asked.

"yes, he did. His secretary and lawyer, Charles probably has it."

I nodded and took notes.

"Thank you sir for your time," Eddie said standing up. I did the same and William walked us out.

Eddie took my arm and pulled me to a side. "How did you know there was a will?" he asked.
"Its family drama Eddie of course there is a will."

Eddie sighed.

Now back to my thoughts, William wouldn't tell us what happened at dinner maybe it would make him look guilty; maybe it was not his proudest moment or maybe nothing happened. Whatever it was we have to find out what happened at dinner.

"Here's the interview the police had with Valerie," Eddie said shoving a pile of paper in my face.

"I don't need it."

"Lyla, you need this." Eddie insisted.

"Eddie, this is what Valerie told the police. I need to know what she will tell me. Speaking of Valerie, let's go talk to her." Eddie sighed.

We started walking. Every step we took, took us farther and farther from the front door and deeper into the house. We passed so many rooms until the only option left was a single hallway. It was down the hall from where the crime scene was. We followed it which lead to some stairs, we took the first one and it lead us to the kitchen.

The kitchen was sparkling clean. Valerie does her job well.

"Valerie?" Eddie called. Valerie appeared from behind the counters.

"Hi Eddie," she said, ignoring me.

"Valerie, can we ask you a few questions about two days ago?" I asked.

Valerie nodded. I took out my phone ready to take notes.

"Where were you between 8 to 9 o'clock after dinner?"

Valerie took a moment to think. "Aha yes, why, I was sleeping. I always sleep at around 8 because I have to wake up early. I brought everyone their dinner and I cleaned up after they were done. I brought Madam her water-"

"Madam?" Eddie interrupted.

"She means Williams, sister." I clarified.

"yes, I do. Madam asked for water and I brought it to her. After that, I went straight to bed." Valerie stopped.

"Valerie? What happened at dinner?" I asked hoping Valerie would shed some light onto the events of dinner two nights ago.

Valerie turned white. She knows something.

"Nothing, I know nothing."

"Valerie please we need to know what happened at dinner," Eddie begged.

"I don't know anything. Now if that was all, please show yourselves out."

I and Eddie got up and left the kitchen. We followed out footsteps ad made it back to the front door, where we started.

"Does Valerie seem to have a motive?"

I shake my head. No, Valerie did not. Her boss is dead well maybe, why would you kill someone you work for and pays you well? You don't. William also didn't look like someone who would kill his father. Poor lad was devastated.

We have to find out who has a motive and fast. Time is running out.