Chapter 4 ( the gift) part 1

Once Disha was ready, we all came out of the dressing room, Disha and her relative headed towards the stage. I and my friends headed towards the seats. The hotel had
decorated the hall with hundreds of pink shades flowers and lights. And as the chairs were arranged circularly around the stage, it was perfect.

Disha's relatives helped her to get on the stage and we girls took our places on the front row seats; In total, there were only three rows. It was the biggest stage I have ever seen, and the chairs arranged were in a large banquet type. We enjoyed ourselves by having fun.
I locked away all the Aly emotions in a box and I left the key behind. I will deal with them later. Now it was time for a celebration.

We already took tons of photos and still, there seems to be no sign of us stopping.
"Jas, take my single photo" Bharti requested, pleading in her baby voice.
"Sure" I replied, with a smile.

I clicked a photo and showed her; With her, we always had to reconfirm whether she liked the click before continuing.
"One more" she requested, and I clicked more.
"Remember Nidhi's wedding? We took selfies everywhere we went. We had clicked over two hundred photos only on that day" I said, reminding them about our selfies craze.

"Ya Man, it was crazy" Avika agreed,
remembering.
"Really?" Nidhi asked flabbergasted.

Oh yeah, you, were busy posing with your hubby. We got to pose for each other" I stick my tongue out to tease her.

"Hey, let's click some photos with others," Bharti suggested.
Let's find Rohit sir" I asked.

Guys, I'm not sure, but I believe Majnu is again staring at Laila" Avika whispered slowly, bending towards us as she said.
"Hmm, you are sure he is not looking at you?" I asked sarcastically.
Everyone giggled.

"Yes, I agree with Avika, she is right, he is staring at you" Bharti confirmed.
Though we were sitting facing the stage, I was not facing it. I sat facing my left side as I was still taking photos of Bharti. On my right was Avika and then Nidhi enjoying themselves, as they teased me;

Aly was sitting opposite side of the stage exactly
opposite to us, but I ignored him, I didn't look at his direction.
"He is still looking at you" Nidhi teased. Bending towards me and whispering.
I bit my lips to stop myself. I wanted to laugh out loud because the way my friends were acting both entertaining and embarrassing too.

"Oh, she is blushing" Bharti said loudly. taking us by surprise.
And the people sitting behind us were also staring at me now. I laughed, and I buried my face in my hands. We couldn't stop giggling.

I still ignored Aly and refused to glance at his direction. I didn't want to be distracted by him; I was having fun even though we were basically talking about him. I turned on my left side at Bharti and then right, at Avika and Nidhi, not even once I looked at his direction.

"Ignore him" Avika whispered in my ear in a serious tone.
"What do you think I was doing?" I asked her in return and raised my one eyebrow..She beamed automatically and gave me thumbs up.

Jasmin!" Someone called my name loudly in a stern voice.

Then the Lady sitting behind me tapped on my shoulder and I turned behind and so did Avika.
"He's calling you" the Lady in green said absent-mindedly as her eyes were fixed at the stage.
"Thank You' I said with a polite smile.

I looked behind her there were three boys
standing Pankaj, Milind, and Harsh, waving at us beaming.

Let's go, guys," I whispered. I got up, and they followed me.

"Hello, boys, how are you?" I asked as I reached them smiling.
"Hello, Girls," Pankaj said, teasing and gazing at me from down to top.

We all hugged each other and instantly started our conversation. We were meeting almost after a year now. We last met at Nidhi's wedding. So, we had a lot to discuss.

"Group selfies," Bharti announced almost bouncing and gave Harsh my phone to click as he was the tallest.
"You always make me your selfies stick" Harsh complaint.
Bharti didn't reply; Instead, she gave him a big smile and he giggled.
Ok-ok no need to cry now; Let's click the damn selfies," Harsh said, smiling and bothered at the same time.
Harsh, Bharti, Milind, Avika, Nidhi, Pankaj,  and I posed hugging for the photo. I was standing at the end beside Pankaj for the selfies. Pankaj placed his hand on my waist and pressed his fingers on my skin and I stare at him with an eyebrow raised.

"Really?" I asked, with a hint of a smile.
"Hey lovebirds see here" Harsh shouted.
Everyone's head turned at us at once.
"Hey, I said in disagreement.

I and Pankaj thought of dating for a few weeks some years back. Though it didn't work out between us, we are still friends.
Everyone knew we flirted it was our thing, in fact, he flirted with everyone, every chance he got to flirt he would gladly do it without wasting the opportunity.

I was ok with it because I knew he really cared for me and when I told him I couldn't be with him as it was too much emotion and drama for me to bear;

He understood and was cool with it, also, he never changed he still made me laugh and flirted with every chance he got.
We clicked a few photos and relaxed from
posing.

"You are looking hot," Pankaj told me and asked for my hands.
Oh Really?" Avika asked mocking him.
I rolled my eyes and gave him my hand.
"See my Girl" Pankaj said and spins me slowly; I took a full 360 slow turn.
"Wooooww. Everyone made a sound, and I blushed.

Then, for the dramatic scene, I bowed oncewhen I was done.
Everyone clapped and Pankaj gave me a kiss on my hand just like a gentleman gives after the dance was over.

"Hie Guys," Aly greeted in a stern.voice.
We all turned to see Aly standing with a serious face.

"Aly?" pankaj confirmed in confusion.
Yes" Aly replied with a tight smile that didn't reach his eyes.
Harsh and Milind step forward to greet him, surprised and Pankaj let go my hand, I turned to look at him thinking he would also greet him but he didn't, instead; he stood where he was.

I noticed Pankaj slides his hand inside his pants side pockets. His reaction confused me, and then I saw Aly hugging Harsh but still looking at us.

Our eyes met, and he had this murderous look on his face that made me flinch just by looking at him. I took a step back.

Now Pankaj stepped forward for a handshake. Aly took his hand and pulled him for a hug and smiled. Pankaj returned his smile too.

Aly talked with them as friendly as if he never left, he laughed at their jokes, gasped when they did, smiled along with them and other things.
I was quietly standing here like a statue and staring at them as theybwere having a conversation like a normal
situation.

He spoke with girls and boys as if he was here for the whole time and he wasbpart of our lives. Milind was sharing some girl's story and everyone started laughing and Aly did too, and I watched him closely I could tell the smile was a pretend, as his eyesbwere tight and focused on my friends, but yet they seem lost, it was like he was in deep think but he still smiled; a more controlled smile and nodded when they did.

He kept asking the right questions so that my friend
would keep talking and not ask him in return. He was avoiding their question by asking more questions. I knew all these because I give that smile every day. And he forgot I knew him well; he can fool everyone else but he can't-fool me.

Everyone had accepted him but I've not, my friends didn't care if he left or stayed, but I did and I was not ready to forgive him for leaving me. He left me and he didn't want to stay my friend, then I should not behave like one.

Anger boiled inside me as I kept looking at him. I wanted to ask him.

Why pretending? Why do you need to put on a show in front of our friends? Why pretending to care when it was clear that nothing affected you

I blame him for my annoyance as because of him I was broken from inside.
I just walked out of there.
"Jas!" Pankaj called as I walked away.
I turned to see what he wanted.

Hey guys hope you liked the chapter!!! 

Next chapter will be posted only after atleast 90 votes