How We Feel

-----Elle's POV

"Hey Claude! It's me, Elle" I say quietly into my cell phone as I throw on Steve's oversized sweater.

"Hey Elle!"

"I stole your number from Steve while he was sleeping- I hope you don't mind!"

"No it's perfectly fine! What do you need?" he laughs.

"I need some help planning a birthday party for Steve- I was thinking of having it at his apartment in Philly- do you think some of the guys will be able to make it?"

"Yeah, I'll get a group message going and ask everyone about it."

"Oh my goodness, thank you so much- We'll be back in Philly a couple days before his birthday if you want to meet up and talk about it," I say smiling- this might actually work out.

"Elle?" Steve yells from the bedroom and I can hear him get closer to the stairs within seconds.

I gasp, "Crap! I gotta go! He's awake- I'll text you later when I can. Thanks so much G!" I say quickly.

Claude laughs, "Sure no problem- can't wait to see you guys!"

As soon as Claude finishes the last syllable of his sentence, I hang up, and turn towards Steve with my phone behind my back.

"Good morning!" I yell out nervously- hopefully he didn't hear me talking to G. He walks over to me in his boxers and a white t-shirt, "Good morning Bambi. Why didn't you stay in bed?" he asks curiously while he gives me a long warm hug.

"Can't a gal just stretch her legs in the morning without being questioned?" I enthusiastically ask. He gives me a strange look, laughs and shakes his head, "whatever you say." He gives me a kiss on my forehead, walks over to the cabinets, and pulls out two bowls for cereal.

"So are you ready to meet a ton of my family and friends?" Steve asks with a mouthful of Cheerios.

"Yes! It's so nice of your mom to throw a party for you since you won't be here for your birthday but I'm especially nervous about meeting your sister."

"Don't worry about it- you guys are going to get along just fine trust me. She's got a tough exterior but she'll let her guard down once she actually meets you and sees us together," he says with a reassuring smile.

"I can only hope so."

Just as I finish my sentence, my phone starts to ring, "It's Jamie- don't worry, she's probably just wondering if I'm still alive, I haven't talked to her in so long.

"Hey!"

"ELLE! WE HAVEN'T TALKED IN FOREVER I'M HEARING ABOUT WHAT'S HAPPENING IN YOUR LIFE FROM MELANIE AND YOUR AUNT!"

I start to laugh, "I'm sorry! I've been so busy lately- so much stuff has been happening!"

"Yeah I GUESS SO!" she says starting to crack up. "We need to talk and catch me up on everything- especially John."

"Alright, hold on," I say before I put my phone against my shirt to cover up the receiver, "This is gonna take a little bit, do you care?" I ask Steve.

He gives me a crooked smile, "Of course not, do you want me to leave?"

"No you're fine!" I give him a smile back and put the phone back to my ear.

I catch up Jamie on some of the stuff about John that my Aunt didn't know and tell her that I told Steve about him.

"Well, make sure you tell him I said thank you for keeping you safe for me." She says sincerely.