"Bambi"

-----Steve's POV

When I got back from my morning Skate, I decide to see what Elle is up to. After the big loss in game three at home, I know the only thing that is going to be able to cheer me up is George, who is roughly 450 miles away, and of course Elle, who is luckily only 10 miles away. I want to ask her out on a date, but for some reason, I'm coming up short on courage. Sure, we went to lunch together before, but this time it is an actual date- she can easily shoot me down.

After pacing around the room for 5 minutes, I sum up some courage, and dial her phone number. My heart is racing, the ringing seems to go on forever.

"Hey Steve!"

"Elle! Hey! Please tell me that you have the day off" I plead.

She laughs, "Well you're in luck because I actually do!"

I sigh in relief, "Great! I'd love to take you out on a date- of course if you want it to be a date- I mean- I don't want to put any pressure on -"

"So now you're the one who's flustered," she laughs interrupting me, and I can feel myself starting to blush a tad, "of course, I'd love to Steve, what's on the agenda?"

"Well it's a surprise, just bring warm clothes okay? I'll pick you up around 2:30?" I ask, hoping it's a good time for her. Thankfully, she says the time is perfect for her and we say our goodbyes and hang up.

"Yes!" I yell aloud and plop onto my bed with a grin spread across my face. Suddenly, I hear my phone ring and to my surprise it's Elle.

"Hey Elle, what is it?" I ask, secretly hoping she didn't realize she had something else to do.

"Well Steve, you might want to know my address," she giggles, "guess you're not the smooth one now!" We laugh and she gives me her address and apartment number. We stay on the phone for a while talking about both of our apartments and some other random topics. By the time we get off the phone it is already 1 o'clock.

I want to surprise her with our date since I love catching her off guard. I decide to just wear what I already have on and grab some other essential items for the date. Before picking her up, I drive to a florist, 'Shop to Smell the Roses,' that is right around the corner from 'Sweetie Pies'. When I walk into the shop, the smell of spring and fresh flowers hit me immediately. I head straight to the daisies, remembering they're her favorite kind of flower.

As I was handing the cashier the money for the flowers I thought about how much I knew about Elle. It makes me so happy that I actually know a lot genuine things about her. Favorite genre: swing; favorite movie: 10 Things I Hate About You; favorite number: 16; favorite food: Philly cheesesteak; favorite artist: Monet.

Once I pull onto the street that her apartment is on, my heart starts to beat faster and my hands become clammy. I look down at the clock and notice I'm ten minutes early, so I put on my music that I listen to before every game to calm me down to get me ready for our date. Thankfully, it did the trick and I step out of my truck confident. I grab the white daisies and ring her doorbell.

"Hello?"

"It's Steve!"

"Great, I'll be right down!" she chirps back.

"Alright you got this, she likes you," I say to myself. I look at my feet, close my eyes and take a couple deep breaths. Suddenly, the door in front of me opens and I look up. We lock eyes and we can't hold back our big goofy grins. I bring the flowers to my chest from behind my back and her face lights up as bright as the sun.

"These are for you, Elle." I smile and hand her the daisies.

"Daisies! Thank you so much- I can't believe you remembered they're my favorite," she exclaims, smelling the daisies.