Chapter 7.

You know I'm always here to help.

*ring* *ring* waking up and looking at the contact to see who was calling, ukai furrowed his brows

*ring* *ring* waking up and looking at the contact to see who was calling, ukai furrowed his brows. 'Why is she calling?' He asked himself feeling his post drinking headache make his head spin. Finally deciding to answer the phone, "hello, ukai speaking" he said in a rough voice, "thank you for answering, I got a call from the hospital..." ukai sat up quickly hearing your voice in such a panic. "They said to come to the hospital it's urgent" hearing you let a small sob escape through your words made ukai's heart break, "I'll be there in five minutes, be waiting outside" he said and then hung up.

Ukai then started grabbing whatever clothes he could find, slipping on a pair of sweatpants and a white singlet, running past his laundry basket ukai grabbed a pair of clean socks and slipped them on. As ukai ran to the front door and put on his orange hoodie from off the couch, getting out the house he locked the door and fixed up the sneakers he carelessly put on.

Now in the car driving to your place he anxiously tapped his fingers against the steering wheel, spotting you outside your house he pulled over right in front of you, you ran around to the car door and jumped in. Once ukai was sure you buckled in he started driving to the hospital, the car was filled with silence, but the kind of silence that didn't need... no, that couldn't be filled by talking, there was nothing that could be said. Arriving at the hospital still in complete silence, the only time a word was uttered was when you walked up to the reception desk. "I'm here to see mister l/n, I'm his daughter... I-I got call saying I had to come in... and it was urgent" you finished with a deep breath, "right his in room 17; third floor, west wing" the man said, before he could say anything else, you ran off towards the nearest elevator. Now on the third floor you ran down corridors towards the west wing, once getting there you noticed it was relatively quiet for a hospital wing. "Excuse me, it's far too late for visitors" said a nurse walking over to you and ukai, "I got a phone call, I'm y/n l/n... (father's name) l/n's daughter" you said ready to run pass the nurse, "right I understand. I'm actually his nurse, it's not looking good for him... we believe he has about a week left, maybe two if his lucky" she said and hearing this you stopped dead in your tracks, turning your head to look at her hoping she was joking. "I want to see him now" you said with a shaky breath, which prompted the nurse to lead ukai and yourself to your father's room.

When walking into your father room you saw him sitting on his bed, his skin was sickly pale, he also had very unnaturally yellow undertone to his complexion and along with that, the dark circles under his eyes and sunken in cheeks made him look almost skeleton like. Your father was wrapped in many layers of blankets and had a breathing mask sitting over his mouth and nose, "hey dad..." you said with a slightly shaky voice, you cursed yourself for the tremble that sat on your words. Your father looked at you and gave you a weak smile, he opened his arms for a hug and gestured for you the come. The hug didn't last as long as you wanted it to, but you were also slightly glad it was cut short, you didn't think you could keep the tears in for much longer, feeling the bones of his spine and rib cage along with seeing up close the deep purple, yellow and green bruises that littered your father's arms and hands from the nurses trying to take blood, made you feel sick. Your stomach twisted and your throat closed up, your vision was blurred and it burned to keep your eyes open. "Miss l/n, your going to have to leave now. We want your father to rest and we can see this is hurt on you, please come back tomorrow lunch time and we'll discuss more plans of action" said the same nurse that lead you to this room, she placed a hand on your shoulder and lightly squeeze.