Chapter 3: Live and Learn

Start from the beginning

"Max, I don't have time for this. I have a lesson soon and I'm not going to help you. You can figure it out yourself. Bye Max" I said when I hung up.

"What did he want?" Hayley asked.

"He wanted help with a invention. But he is going to use it for his evil plans so I'm not going to help him." I explained.

"Hey, guys." Preston said as he walked up to us. "You have to see this." He added. We saw some people watching a video of the Red Ranger aka Brody fighting with a monster. "That fight had just happened and Brody has didn't tell us." Preston said a little too loud.

"Preston, someone might hear you, we'll discuss this later." Sarah told him

"Sorrry I'm late guys." Brody said as he walked over to us.

"Brody we just saw the video from the fight." Sarah told him. "Why didn't you say something. We could have helped."

"You had to study but don't worry my datacom and I handled it." He explained.
"Quiet class," said Mrs. Finch as she walked into the classroom and closed the door behind her. "Take a seat, we have a lot to do come through today. First things first we have a new student with us today." I shot Brody a smile which he returned. "Do you want to get up and introduce yourself, Brody."

" hello my names Brody- "he said but was interrupted.

"Great let's go to the quiz" we all started setting up the quiz there were 2 teams the green team with Brody Sarah Preston Calvin Hayley and me and the orange team with Victor Monty and 4 other children. Quiz question one: If Mark has $ 6.50, and he gives $ 1.20 each to Liz and 2 other friends for a quarter, how much does he have left?"

"$ 4.80?" Brody asked with a smile on his face.

"Correct. One point for the Green Team." The teacher said to Brody.

"Brody, you can't use your datacom." I said, pointing to the datacom.

"Why not?" Brody asked me.

"Because you can't. That's cheating." I said as the teacher began to ask the following question.

"Quick Question 2: If I ran 20 minutes, skipped 10 minutes, and jumped three minutes, how long did I train?" The teacher asked.

"33 Earth minutes." Brody told her.

"Another point for Green." The teacher said as she put another count under the Green Team.

Brody kept using the datacom to fix the problems it annoyed me that he didn't listen to us. "So much for teamwork." Calvin said, while the rest of us nodded in agreement as the quiz progressed. After a while, someone threw something at me from behind. Thanks to my Thundersense, I was able to catch it without seeing it.

"How is that possible?" Sarah asked.

"Thundersense. It warns me of danger." I answered.

To be honest, one thing turned out to be okay. The whole thing annoyed Victor and Monty which was funny to watch. WhenBrody answered the last problem the teacher asked, Victor yelled "Wait a minute!!" to get everyone's attention "Mr. Smartypants over there is cheating. Mrs. Finch I saw the new kid uses that thing on his wrist."

"Is that true Brody," said Mrs. Finch as she walked over to Brody and stood in front of Brody. "What's that thing on your wrist" asked Mrs. Finch.

"It's my datacom it gives me answers to everything." Brody answered.

"I don't want to ever see that in class again ok?" Mrs. Finch asked. He was about to protest when Mrs. Finch gave him a look

"fine." He said. Mrs. Finch walked away muttering slightly the bell rang as a sign that the first period was over.