Chapter 7

Meera hummed in response to her happening previous night - she couldn't deny that she had a lot of fun dancing with the Mahraja , even if she had managed to angry him. She hummed as she cleared her bed chambers on her own, she liked to do it herself, besides the mundane walls could be helped a little bit with the flowers that she'd pluck from the private garden that her chambers led out to. She loved sitting at the threshold. She brought out her paints from the trunk, today she was going to paint those insipid walls, palace property, doesn't matter, anything to piss off that Bodach, who had reduced her to a child bearing machine. 

 She suddenly felt something hit her leg, she bent to see a ball. She looked around to see a little girl waiting at the threshold of her bed chambers, looking on nervously. She reminded Meera of young Radhika back home. She smiled and gestured the little girl to come in. The child nervously shook her head in hesitance. Meera  picked up some of Moringa from the table and offered it to the young child with a very amiable expression on her face. The child succumbed to the cajoling and ran inside. 

"Well hello young lady, may I ask your name" Meera said joyously making a funny face to make the young girl laugh. She readily went and sat in Meera's lap to get the beautiful flowers from her. She smelled them and immediately sneezed making Meera break down in laughter prompting laughter from the young girl as well. 

"I am Princess Anika Pratap Singh of Jaipur" The young girl said as she got up and did a childish curtsy. 

"Oh my, a princess? That must be huge! I knew you were extraordinary the minute I saw you!" Meera hyped her up in their childish game. 

"Do you have more flowers?" The girl asked 

"Oh yeas many! the day i stepped into these chambers, I planted my flowers!" Meera said as she went to the other corner of the room to bring another vase. The young girl smelt those and jumped in glee as well. 

Meera heard another girlish voice, "Anika, where are you-oh my god, so many flowers!?" a little girl of about 8 rushed inside.

-

"But who are you?" the girl of 8 asked as she played with the fabric of her dress while Meera continued putting flowers in her hair. 

"Well, i am - Meera" Meera said simply, she didn't know what to explain to the young girls who she had recognized as her husband's children. She didn't want to be averted by mentioning to be the Mahraja's 2nd wife. 

"Meera who, Meera of where?" Anika asked curiously as she continued smelling the different flowers. 

"Meera of Sambhalgarh" Meera said carefully. 

"Anika! Menaka! What are you doing here!" screamed another girl, a little older, about 10. Meera looked up, the young girl resembled Mandakini and had an authoritative demeanor attached to herself. She stopped to look at the flowers. 

"Who are you?" she asked Meera

"Akanksha didi, she is Meera, of Sambhalgarh!" Anika informed 

"Yeah but she is a stranger and we aren't supposed to talk to strangers" Akanksha reasoned 

"Well I could not be one, if you would let me. Come on here?" Meera gestured in a very amiable manner. Akanksha was torn, she looked around to see if anyone was watching her and quickly tip toed inside discreetly. 

"So many books, wow!" exclaimed Akanksha as she ran her hand around Meera's shelf. 

"Ahaha, these are a few that my siblings let me get here" Meera replied as she put her hands on Akanksha's shoulders.