Chapter 13: Feelings to resolve

Start from the beginning

Turning around, Wangji embraced the younger in his arms, caressing his back while kissing his neck. "You did nothing wrong.. Nothing wrong at all.." He mumbled while still comforting the other. "Wei Ying.. Listen to me" He said while slowly pulling the younger away from his embrace, cupping his face in his own hands. The crying man sniffled, looking into his husband's gold honey-like eyes.

"You did nothing wrong, you never did.. You only loved. You only cared. You only sacrificed. You only did what the world failed to recognize as 'betterment'. Of course, you made small mistakes, but none of them could ever define you, or overcome the good you did for everyone. These scars aren't your fault. Never apologize for them. In my eyes, you never did anything wrong and I love you for that."

At his husband's words, Wuxian's eyes became even glossier from the tears. "You should rest Lan Zhan.." He said after letting out a dry chuckle, giving a peck on his husband's lips. He was thankful; thankful that someone understood him, that someone cared for him, and someone that truly loved him, and even more thankful that this 'someone' was also the love of his life, the one and only Lan Zhan. His Lan Zhan.

"A'Zhan... Wake up"
"A'Zhan, we're here"
"A'Zhan!" Xuan Lu called for the third time, shaking the younger male in his sleep.

Shooting his eyes open suddenly, Zhan came to his senses, as he looked at his right, where Xuan Lu was sitting. "Is something wrong? You were mumbling something in your sleep, but I don't know what.." She asked, giving Zhan a concerned look. 'It was just a dream.. Then why did it feel so real..?' He thought as he shook his head with a soft smile, reassuring his friend that nothing was wrong.

Yibo sat down on the couch, along with Haikuan. He had finally been discharged from hospital the same morning, and now he was in his hotel room with his friend. Of course, the hospital wasn't in favor of discharging him just a few days after the whole accident, but he insisted on letting him go home; and knowing the power and status of his father, they had no other choice than to do as he said.

"Now tell me" Haikuan said suddenly, grabbing the attention of the younger. "What exactly happened yesterday with Zhan? I swear you guys were on good terms the day before, and just yesterday something so big happened that you had to text me to take care of you and help you move out of the hospital? Not to mention, Zhan didn't even pay you a visit this morning like he always does." Haikuan said in a stern yet confused tone, wanting a complete and valid explanation from the younger.

"Not this again.. I told you, its nothing" Yibo groaned, not wanting to talk about all that happened. "I'm not taking that as an answer, we both know you're lying. Come on, I've known you your whole life, you think I'll believe that?" Haikuan rolled his eyes.

"We just.. Ugh! How do I explain it.." Yibo ran his hands through his hair, frustrated at himself. "So you know how my dad visited me yesterday? Well Zhan was also there and you already know me and Zhan are like.. Somewhat close I guess? So my dad asked who he was and Zhan started introducing himself but then my dad was like 'no I mean who are you to my son?' " Yibo said, slightly mocking his dad's voice while explaining what he said.

"And? What did Zhan tell your dad?" Haikuan asked, amused by the story Yibo was telling him. "Nothing! I mean, what were we supposed to say?! Like.. We're definitely not strangers, but we're not friends either 'cause.. I don't know, it just feels weird calling myself his 'friend' but we're for sure not lovers either! So what the fuck kinda answer was he expecting?" Yibo whined out; disbelief in his eyes, when Haikuan started laughing.