sunlight ,

bad dropped the box on the kitchen counter, realizing that it was a mistake when he heard clanking. jumping back from the noise.

skeppy looked at him from the soon-to-be living room and gave him a confused glare. bad threw a toothy smile and waved it off like it was nothing.
he most likely broke something.

the two of them didn't have much since they have been apartment hoping for the past years. mostly the essentials and pcs, which to be fair took a good amount of room. neither of them really had "special" items like blankets or maybe a stuffed animal, so they could throw out almost anything at any time.

it was the first time the two actually had a house to themselves. small, sure. but a house they could share nonetheless.

skeppy stood in the living room for a while. watching the dust particles float throughout the air. it was weird to imagine the rest of their lives here. but a good weird, the type of weird feeling you'd get in your stomach when you'd see your crush in high school or something.

skeppy abetted his vision from the sun's harsh gaze and got back to unpacking boxes. it was not the best for his eyesight if he looked at it for too long, anyway.

the diamond boy soon heard a lot of creaking from the main area and peaked his head up from crouching. seeing his boyfriend trying to pry a door that was slightly shorter than him open was quite a sight. a sad one, maybe. one he figured out why bad was having so much trouble it was definitely a sad one.

skeppy chuckled lightly as he stood up, strolling over to the demon and looking at the rusted handle, then back at him tugging the handle with a lot of his strength.

"it won't open! what the fudge?" bad complained to the other with a huff. skeppy laughed with pride over him.

"dude,, it's locked." skeppy smiled and flicked a small lock. and with that, the door slid open with ease.

he joked, "good to know we won't get robbed."
bad huffed and ignored him. opening the door more so he could get outside. having to bend his knees a little so his horns wouldn't get stuck.

skeppy followed him outside to see his childish side get excited over an old hammock. it looked it good shape, but,,
"there's a hammock here! oh my goshh" bad practically skipped over to the cloth thing.

the red hammock was tied in between two trees and placed in the middle of their yard. a few more trees sprinkled across the backyard, but overall these two were the strongest.

bad was already lifting himself into the thing when skeppy snapped back, the hammock moving under his weight.
"oh! i got it!" bad laughed as skeppy approached the cloth. arms crossed on either side of his body as bad crosses his arms behind his head.

"get on with me." bad asked. one leg hanging over the hammock so he wasn't overly too tall for it.

"ew, no. who knows how long it's been there."
bads faced dropped into a pouty frown. once skeppy sighed and started to get on, you could notice his tail start to wag. it was so dumb how bad got excited over the littlest things, but it still made skeppy so happy.

skeppy adjusted his body so he was completely on top of bad. he wanted no part of him to be touching the hammock, someone could've died on here.
then again, probably not.

skeppys chin laid on bads chest as the two stared at each other. bad had a soft smile while he had an arm on his back, running his fingers though his raven hair. skeppys eyes narrowed due to the sunlight beaming down on the two. it was warm, though comfortable.

skeppy had his hand on top of bads other hand. sliding his thumb of the back of his hand.
bad filled the air with meaningless one-sided conversation to give skeppy something to listen to. topics ranged from his hatred of the left-handed to simpler things, like what they should eat later. skeppy mumbled agreements or acknowledgments, so bad knew he was still listening.

skeppy would eventually tuned out of the conversation. weary from all the stress of the move so he could fall asleep anywhere. this was one of the better places though.
skeppys head turned to the side so now his chest was squished against bads chest, and soon he'd fall asleep when bad started to draw circles into his back. bad giggled to himself and kept a smile.

eventually his tail loosely wrapped around the other's ankle as his wing extended to block the sunlight. the sun started to set, so it was directly in front of skeppys eyes, and who was he if he didn't do anything to stop that?
it didn't block the sun out of his eyes, but that didn't matter.