CHAPTER 33 - A SIGN

Start from the beginning

"To bed," I say, hoping he doesn't say what I think he's going to say. "Your bed is here, Kelly."

I sigh, "Lucius..."

"Please?"

"You're too weak."

"Can I please just have you tonight?" He pleads, "You know I worry when you're not here with me..." My heart lifts at his words and I can't help but smile, "Okay."

I leave quickly to brush my teeth and change into my pyjamas before slipping into bed beside Lucius, turning on my side to face him. As he moves forward, his hand slides up my waist, allowing him to pull me into to his , his forehead resting on mine. I'm careful not to touch him in case I hurt him, keeping my hand lightly on his arm. He chuckles, reading my mind, "I'm not made of glass, darling. You can touch me."

"I don't want to hurt you," I murmur into his chest, pulling away to look at him. "You won't," he assures me softly, moving my hair from my face. I watch him carefully as I place my hand on his chest, nuzzling my face in his neck when he hisses loudly in pain, causing me to jump back in fright. "Oh my god, Lucius, I'm so sorry, I didn't- "

I'm cut off by his laughter, a grin on his face as mine falls in anger. "That's not funny!" I push his arm in annoyance, causing him to actually groan in pain as he continues to laugh. "Okay, okay," he says breathlessly, "I'm sorry." I shake my head at him, laying back into his chest as he eventually stops chuckling to himself, holding me back in his embrace. Resting my head more comfortably against him, I speak, "When did you know?"

"Know what?" He nestles his face in my hair, closing his eyes tiredly.

"That you loved me."

Though I can't see him, I know he's smiling as he tightens his grip on my waist. I had no idea he loved me - so naturally, I also had no clue as to when he first caught feelings. As for me, I think I knew pretty early - I was just scared to admit it to myself. But seeing that Lucius wasn't afraid to tell me the truth really shook me. Made me feel guilty, like I wasn't honest with him.

I feel him take a deep breath, "Do you remember that week I left you alone at the manor?"

My heart stings instantly at the thought. I do remember that week, vividly.

Lucius had left for a week with no goodbye or form of contact, letting me think he had had enough of me. He hadn't. He was just away on death eater business, but I didn't know that at the time. I had cried a lot that week, having a mental breakdown when he returned. When I first realised I loved him.

"Yes."

"During that week, I travelled to many different places, one of them being a small town in London. I had finished my task..." he takes in a deep breath, and I pull away to look at him, touching his face as I tilt his head down to look at me. "You don't have to tell me," I say softly, watching him smile as he pulls me back into him, planting a sweet kiss on my head.

"In the centre of the town," he continues, "there was a community garden the townsfolk loved. It had tulips, lilies, daisies and many more. It was truly beautiful. And so, after such an eventful day, I decided to visit it." I listen, intrigued by what he's saying. "As I reached the centre, I stood still for a moment, before falling to my knees and sobbing hysterically. I remember thinking how tired I was of this life, and I wanted nothing more than to escape from it." I look up at him, tears welling in my eyes as he looks down, stroking my cheek.

"I prayed for a sign. A sign that everything would be all right. And then, as I wiped my tears, a single rose petal floated from the sky, right into my hand." I frown slightly as Lucius smiles, recalling his memory. "Instantly, I thought of you. Of our time in the manor garden, and that's when I realised - that was my sign." I slowly smile in disbelief, a tear rolling down my cheek. "I was your sign?"

"Of course you were my love," he wipes my tear with his thumb. "Who else could it be?" I smile, lifting up to kiss him, our mouths moving together in a slow motion as Lucius takes his time to savour my taste, his tongue playing with mine.

"I love you so much, Kelly." He whispers against my cheek, gently swiping his nose against my skin. "I love you, Lucius." I pull him closer as he nestles his face in my neck, kissing it softly.

We stay like this for a while, our bodies intertwined before we eventually fall asleep in each others arms.

* * *

When I awake I'm on my side, Lucius behind me, his front pressing into my back. His arm is snaked around my waist, holding me tightly to his body, as if afraid I'll leave. I blink the sleep out of my eyes a few times before sitting up a little, Lucius's arm restraining me. As I try to move him off, his hold tightens, making me sigh.

Damn, even when he's weak, he's still this strong.

Eventually, after ten minutes of trying, I manage to free myself from his grasp, gently moving his arm away from me and back in the bed. Then I turn, watching him as he stirs in his sleep, his hand lifting as he lays back on the pillow, one arm up beside his head, the other resting on the mattress. I smile tiredly, getting up from the bed and changing into a large hoodie with leggings. I sweep my hair messily into a bun, giving Lucius a small kiss on the lips before I leave to brush my teeth and go downstairs.

Scorpion jumps from the sofa when I enter the living room, his eyes pricked up as he barks happily. "Shh, Scorpion," I crouch down, petting him as he wags his tail happily, licking my hand. "Is my baby hungry?" He barks and I chuckle before standing. "All right, come on then." He follows me into the kitchen, waiting patiently as I fill his bowl to the rim and place it down in front of him, watching him as he wolfs the food down hungrily. I sigh in exhaustion, stroking him, "Good boy."

As I fill the kettle with water from the tap, I hear a knock on the door, making me turn suddenly. I leave the kettle, walking past Scorpion, his face still in the food bowl as I reach the front door, my hand slowly turning the handle. I open the door, greeted by a smiling face, someone I didn't know how much I needed to see until now.

I sigh in relief, "Dee..."

* * *

So I don't know about you guys, but I feel like this chapter could have been a bit better. I think coz of school and stuff, I'm just not as focused. But I promise soon, there will be better chapters and smut due to the lack of it. But Lucius is weak, so it will have to wait for about another chapter I think.

K byee xx