The Opening Ceremony:

Começar do início

"I mean...That's true, but still, you've gotta put some work in, Marie. Remember what they said earlier in the opening speeches?"

Marie began to eat another slice of cake. "Sorry I wasn't paying attention. The cake and food looked too good."

Asparagus sighed and put a hand to her face. "Of course you didn't."

"On the subject of food, someone from Ooarai told me that there's a bar somewhere in their ship that serves delicious drinks. Andou, Oshida, would you like to come with me?"

"Of course Marie-sama!" the two spoke, simultaneously obedient.

"M-Marie, why are we in such a place like this?" Oshida's voice quivered as Rum and Flint leered at the French trio.

"Geez and I thought the lower ends of the Bearn were bad. This place is just...yikes."

Marie smiled despite the predicaments, spooning another bite from her cream soda into her mouth. Earlier, they had someone guide them into the Johannesburg of Ooarai, before Marie sat down at the counter of Donzoko and ordered a cream soda from Cutlass. "It's not too horrible. The cream soda is delicious!" she proclaimed delightfully. Cutlass gave a small smile at the compliment.

Andou sighed in defeat. Looking around, she saw Murakami and Ogin sitting at the counter to her right, but it was the next person she saw that caused her to raise an eyebrow. Laughing and telling jokes to the two buccaneers was a man wearing a beret, a long, light brown overcoat and most strikingly a french looking mustache. Overall he looked very European, he had a fair face and black hair. "Marie-sama, that man...I don't think Kay lied to us when she blabbed about there being soldiers in the woods of Ooarai."

"Hm?"

"That man, he looks very French, and we're in Japanese Waters, nowhere near Europe except for Russia."

"He does." Oshida nodded. "Marie, perhaps we should talk to him? We do learn French at BC Freedom after all."

Marie scooped up the last of her cream soda. She whispered to her vice captains, "We can listen for now. If he really is one of them, then he will just leave if we expose that we know who he is. Come on."

With that, the 3 girls stealthily slid over a few seats, now within hearing distance of the man and the two sailors. "So," Ogin began to ask. "Enough about jokes, from what I've heard you guys talking about, you were in the French Resistance?"

"[Oui.]"

He speaks French! The BC Freedom trio sat listening, taking up drinks themselves.

"My brother was a soldier, and when the Germans took Paris, I used my cooking skills to get close to German officers."

"So you could poison em'?" Murakami bluntly said.

"No no no, if I did poison them, they would probably shoot me. After all, when someone is poisoned through their food, the first people they investigate are the chefs and cooks. I simply used my position to steal documents from them."

The Frenchman continued to talk, and all Oshida could remark was, "I'm impressed they're talking about something so sensitive when we're in here."

"Alright Jean, what happened when the Americans and British came into France? What'd you and the rest of the freedom fighters do?" Ogin asked the big question.

"Ahh, my favorite story to talk about. We were working closely with Allied Commanders and our Government in exile, and when Allied Soldiers parachuted down into the countryside, they brought with them shipments of weapons, along with plans. A few days after their naval assault on the occupied coastlines, we were to break into surplus weapon stores and use the weapons found there to rally the population and fight off the Germans."