9: 2015

𝒊 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒅𝒆
𝒐𝒇 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒕𝒚 𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒇𝒊𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆

**𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟻**

We planned to meet at a small coffee shop inside of the bustling beach city with herds of people walking in and out of traffic, most likely tourists

We planned to meet at a small coffee shop inside of the bustling beach city with herds of people walking in and out of traffic, most likely tourists. The plan was to lay low below the radar to not attract any unwanted attention. My eyes scanned the colorful buildings as I maneuvered my way around.

I told my dad that I was going on a vacation with an old friend I used to know back when I was younger growing up in foster care. He didn't question it much other than where I was going.

As far as he knows I'm at a Malibu resort in California hanging out with my old pals, probably getting wasted trying to forget about aliens falling from the sky.

I put on a brave face when Pietro died, I did it for Wanda. Mostly because I felt guilty. I felt like I was the reason her brother was dead even if she reassured me there was nothing I could've done, that didn't stop the gears in my head from spinning.

She wasn't there to see the days where I couldn't find the will to get out of bed. Or the days I couldn't even bring myself to eat food. But my dad was there for those days. He saw how much everything over the years has affected me which is why he was so supportive of me going on this trip to visit my 'friends'.

He never wanted this life for me. And now that I'm in it I'm not sure if I would have chosen it to begin with but we all have to live with the choices we make, even if they kill us.

I think Natasha was trying to clue me into something that day in the hospital before the fall of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The simple life didn't seem too bad after all the destruction and war I've seen.

I might even try it out with someone in the future.

Put the saving the world on the battlefield days in the past and just work on saving the world from behind the scenes.

I always wanted to be a doctor when I was a kid.

As I got lost in my thoughts a sturdy shoulder rammed into my body causing the both of us to stumble to the ground.

"Oh my, god. I'm so sorry," I apologized immediately. I should've watched where I was going. I was completely tangled in my endless thoughts. Dozens of colorful fruits scattered across the ground which the man dusting himself off across from me no doubtedly dropped.

"No, that's on me ma'am," he said. His deep voice sounded familiar. He kept his head down, a baseball cap covering his face. "I wasn't watching where I was going,"

I nodded, sending him a polite smile and proceeded to gather all the dispersed fruit I could into my hands. Once I gathered them I stood up to hand them to the tall man and finally recognition flashed over the both of our faces.