12: 60s

𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒍𝒚 𝒎𝒚 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒃𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒆...

**𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚝-𝚍𝚊𝚢**

After many hours of the neighborhood's painfully boring talent show we were finally making our way home

After many hours of the neighborhood's painfully boring talent show we were finally making our way home. I had to pry the plastic knife out from Bucky's hands a multitude of times that I lost count. He made multiple threats from 'I'm going to stab my hand' to 'I wonder if this plastic knife could penetrate an organ.'

The last one caught my attention and I grabbed the knife, and all plastic utensils from the table, throwing them into the nearest trash can.

He grinned at how easy it was to rile me up. If it was any other day I would have scolded him for being an annoyance but all I wanted to do was marry that stupid idiot.

We walked side by side on the pavements ever so often, his hand brushing against mine and I felt like a schoolgirl with the blush coating my cheeks.

"Two hours of my life I'll never get back," Bucky dragged a hand down the side of his face dramatically.

"Bucky," I sent him a pointed look, amusement flickered in his steel blue eyes. I raised my hand in an attempt to slap his chest but his hand caught my wrist.

"What I meant to say was," he slipped his much larger hand into mine and intertwined our fingers. "That Wanda and Vision's act was quite spectacular."

"Right," I smiled as he wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me closer. "It made everybody forget about my parents' disaster tap dancing performance," I snorted, remembering how both of them were completely out of sync during their tap dance.

I felt Bucky's body shake with laughter, also remembering the horrendous performance. We both sat at that table with our napkins over our faces trying to hide our laughter.

I don't think it worked very well because we had a lot of lingered stares from nosy neighbors.

My eyes fell on two familiar people walking towards us. "Pretend like it was good," I whispered to Bucky and immediately his laughter ceased as my parents approached.

"So," Tony drawled. "How were we?"

I glanced at Bucky, who apparently had no interest in answering the question or lying to my parents as his eyes were glued to the ground.

I guess I was on my own for this one.

"It was brilliant, you're going to have to teach me to tap dance one day," I sharply elbowed the man next to me in the ribs and blinked at Bucky innocently. "Right Buck?"