Chapter 14 - Hot & cold

Start from the beginning

Natasha looked at the young girl beside her, she looked so peaceful when she was asleep and instead of going to her own bed she shut her eyes, allowing herself to fall asleep too. 

When Natasha woke up she was confused, this wasn't her room. It was still slightly dark out and none of the other Avengers were awake yet, where was she? Quickly she remembered last night: the dream, the talk, and then falling asleep next to Seven. Thinking of Seven she darted her head to look at the teenager who was still asleep, her head now in Natasha's lap. Natasha sighed, she was getting more and more attached to Seven and she didn't like it.

Slowly she lifted Seven's head off of her lap and placed a pillow under it before standing up. She grabbed a blanket from the end of the couch and lay it over Seven before making her way to the gym so she could fit in some early training before today. 

"Seven?" A voice woke her up and she rubbed her eyes and looked around. Realizing what had happened she immediately looked around for Natasha but found Steve staring down at her instead, obviously just back for a run.

"Steve? Where's Natasha?" Seven asked groggily

"Natasha? I think she's in her room why?" 

"No reason," Seven said, noticing the blanket covering her that wasn't there last night, making her smile. 

"Uh okay, why are you here though?" Steve asked confused

"Just fell asleep here, that's all. Thanks for waking me though" She smiled at him as she stood up, looking around for a clock. Finally, she spotted one on the wall which read 8:34 am. It was still early. 

Steve stared at the teenager as she pottered out of the communal area back to her bedroom, shrugging the weird encounter off before going to make himself some coffee. 

A few hours later everyone was ready to go and they started loading up the QuinJet with everything that they might need for the ten-hour flight to Russia. Tony had supplied Seven with a phone a few days ago and she was still learning how to use it but phones weren't allowed considering they could easily be tracked or hacked, so they only comms used to communicate. 

Seven walked out onto the tarmac where the plane was going to be taking off from and she looked around, spotting the team with their luggage. She made her way over just as Steve tried to get everyone's attention.

"Alright team, we have the ten-hour flight which means we should be landing at about 8 pm if there isn't any turbulence. From there we can go straight to the hotel and prepare for tomorrow. SHIELD is coming out later today with the helicarrier and backup, okay?" Everyone nodded, anxious to get on the plane and out of the wind.

The quinjet rolled to a stop in front of the group and Clint gave a thumbs up from the cockpit, opening up the ramp so they could get on (Idfk what that plane part is called) and the whole team boarded the plane, chucking their bags to the side as they did.

Seven watched in wonder as the plane began its ascent, slowly speeding up before taking off into the sky, rising up into the clouds. She wished she could reach out and grab onto a cloud, imagining it would feel soft.

"Amazing isn't it?" Peter said suddenly, startling her from her daydream. 

Seven nodded still mesmerized by the sight of New York getting smaller and smaller the higher they went. She couldn't believe that she was here, soon hopefully taking down the man that had caused her and so many like her so much pain.