☾ sixty - five ☾

Start from the beginning

Their bodies were tired, but they seemed to be in high spirits as they talked about women.

"About this banquet, will Lady Veronica of Count Terrence be attending?"

"It's their duty to participate in any banquets hosted by the imperial family, so of course she will."

"Phew, thank god. I've liked her for a while now. I really want to take this opportunity to request for a dance."

"I really want to tell Lady Rose, 'there's no lady like you in pink!'"

Max, who was listening to their story, recalled the image of Juvellian in a dress.

'She looks good in any color, so such a compliment would be meaningless.'

Dennis smiled with satisfaction as he watched the Prince smiling slightly.

'It's good that you can laugh at such trivial gossip.'

Even close aides of the Crown Prince had speculated that the Prince would demand a huge reward for the victory or a treasure of the imperial family that has been handed down from generation to generation.

The reward money could be used as military funds, and the treasure usually held a mysterious power.

But nothing could have prepared them for when the Crown Prince asked the Emperor for something completely different.

< I'm going to ask the Emperor to hold a victory banquet. >

Considering the fact that the Prince hates banquets, it was safe to assume that this banquet was only for his subordinates.

'Who would have thought that His Majesty would hold a banquet for us...'

After years of rolling around on the battlefield, most of the knights were mentally exhausted.

The fact that their Lord was thinking about them left them inevitably impressed.

'Now that he no longer a lacks a personality all that remains for His Majesty is to meet a companion who resonates with him.'

With such thoughts in mind, Dennis spoke to the Crown Prince.

"Will Your Highness be attending the banquet as well?'

Max nodded at Dennis' question.

"Yes."

Dennis, who saw the pleased expression on the Crown Prince's face, decided to say one more thing.

"Why don't you take this opportunity to find a companion?"

When Max heard the word 'companion' he immediately frowned.

"What nonsense are you spouting when we're about to go to war?" [1]

"You can form an alliance under the pretext of marriage. There are many advantages. Even if you don't get married right away, shouldn't you look for a suitable bride candidate?"

Dennis was right, but if he became the Emperor under the pretext of marriage, that would give the Empress a cause for political intervention.

For that reason, Max tried to explain that he was not willing to marry.

But then, Dennis spoke again.

"If you like her appearance, or if she has a good personality, or if she's comfortable being together with you. Even the smallest detail is fine. There may be a lady you'll come to like, so please consider it."

At Dennis' pleasing request, Max stiffened.

Because there was only one face that came to his mind when he heard that.